Brit Silver - FX II & FXIII [Audio samples]

Thanks for this comparison. The III definitely sounds better to me. More focused on the mids if that makes sense. Which firmware were you running in each box?

Did you use the new Speaker Impedance Response Curve from the recent firmware updates in the Axe-FX III?
TBH Man, becouse i use my own cab IR's from my cabs - for me better to use ir player for loading IR's, they sounds closer to my real cabs than Ir's loaded into cab block, cab block somehow cuts a bit topend from IR's and ir player works great for me, also i dont need another 341515161 parameters in cab block simple LPF HPF is enough for me in cab section :D

Stay Metal!

TBH Man, becouse i use my own cab IR's from my cabs - for me better to use ir player for loading IR's, they sounds closer to my real cabs than Ir's loaded into cab block, cab block somehow cuts a bit topend from IR's and ir player works great for me, also i dont need another 341515161 parameters in cab block simple LPF HPF is enough for me in cab section :D

Stay Metal!

Speaker Impedance is in the amp section, not the Cab block.

I'm guessing the answer is no ;)

Stay Metal!
Speaker Impedance is in the amp section, not the Cab block.

I'm guessing the answer is no ;)

The Speaker Impedance is indeed located in the Amp block. It actually has quite a big impact on tone and it really adds something to the sound that all other amp sims seem to be missing. It's an important missing link and it can have a pretty big impact on your tone. I highly recommend experimenting with it. I added it to my go-to preset and haven't looked back since. Since the Speaker Impedance Curve is separated from the Cab block, you can use this with any IR you have.

SinMix FiveSins Preset Pack for Axe FXIII is ready. Link to pack in video description. Have Fun!

Stay Metal!

The Speaker Impedance is indeed located in the Amp block. It actually has quite a big impact on tone and it really adds something to the sound that all other amp sims seem to be missing. It's an important missing link and it can have a pretty big impact on your tone. I highly recommend experimenting with it. I added it to my go-to preset and haven't looked back since. Since the Speaker Impedance Curve is separated from the Cab block, you can use this with any IR you have.

Dumb question.. how do you implement it

Dumb question.. how do you implement it

In the Amp block go to the Speaker tab. You'll see a graph and a drop down menu that says 'Speaker Imp. Curve' and a knob that says 'Cab Resonance.' The drop down menu allows you to select a cabinet type. You can match something to the IR you're using, such a Recto cab IR with Recto Speaker Impedance Curve. This way the amp block behaves more like a tube amp would when connected to a Mesa Boogie Rectifier cabinet. You can also mismatch on purpose if you prefer that tone. It adds more dynamic response to the Amp block's response. It just sounds less static overall. I really enjoy that new function. If you want to bypass this more accurate emulation, choose 'Resistive Load' from the menu.

It's really easy to do, and it's a simple way to improve your tone. If you turn the Cab Resonance knob counter-clockwise you reduce some of the added peaks, making the amp behave like you're not cranking the amp/melting the cab. If you increase it, you'll get closer to that point where your amp and cab are about to give up. Keeping the knob at noon usually sounds great though. Go on and experiment with it, let me know about the results. I love hearing new stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom