Brit Pre and Jazz 120

Nothing to settle. I handled it as needed. Have a nice day... :pride:

As far as G3'ing go's I am for anything that sounds better than it does now, but Im not taking anything from the hard work already done. The guys that tweak this stuff get no respect because most are looking over the horizon for the next best thing coming. Heres to those who get little (or not ever enough) respect for all the hard work. :encouragement: :encouragement: :encouragement:

In fact I've been playing thru Fender and Marshall amps an cabs since about 1968 son.... And you?
[...]
So Yea The JMP1 sounds decent to "me" after "I" tweaked it some.
Well... let me answer that with quote from your own signature: The older we get the higher the treble...

Frankly speaking I'm not interested at all what's "decent" to you. I have my own hearing and this is the most important measure for me. As I said - I had an Axe-Fx II along with JMP-1 at the same time (before I sold it), so I had a direct comparison. Yes, Brit Pre G2 sounds decent, but to me definitely doesn't sound accurate like G3'd amps available in Axe-Fx. So if you're settled with something "decent" - be my guest. I'd love to have JMP-1 tone modeled accurately, not decently... and your opinion it this matter is completely irrelevant to me.

If "decent" is enough for you, then maybe you need to rephrase your signature to: The older we get the lower the expectations... And don't patronize me with all this "son" stuff... to qualify for that you need a lot more than just an old age I'm affraid.

Of course this is not about criticizing Cliff's work - I absolutely love my black box and switching from all-Marshall rack rig to Axe-Fx II was my best guitar-wise decision ever made. I just love to have a spot-on JMP-1 model, I see nothing wrong with hoping that G3fying of Brit Pre will do this trick and you're the last person to dictate me otherwise.

EOT from my part.

Some of the keyboard hostility/one-upmanship displayed in this thread is embarrassing to read. Can those who are currently engaged in their own little arguments please take them out of this thread? I think the Mod note was perfectly justified - the way people sometimes get wound up over nothing on this forum is ridiculous. Back to the OP, I hope you do get a G3 JC120 and Brit Pre in time, but I honestly think the tools are currently available to get them to where we want them to be.

Absolutely agreed. I've noticed a lot of petty squabbling over absolutely ridiculous things on this board lately and I'm really tired of it.

Let's try and be a bit more understanding instead of jumping down each other's throats over something as trivial as someone asking if an amp is going to be G3'ed.

@kavoo
Shut up, Polandsky.
Not long ago you weren't able to buy anything with your Zloty. And now you're talking big. You've probably stolen your AxeFx.

Frankly speaking I'm not interested at all what's "decent" to you.

Well At least we agree on one thing. :lol And you don't have to be interested kavoo, in anything anyone says here, but that won't stop people from voicing opinions same as you have. Btw I didn't start this, you did by telling me I dint know what a Marshall preamp sounded like (remember?), and you'd still be wrong about that presumption interested or not. All I did was mention I could have been using one before you were born. I didn't mean to embarrass youth by stating fact, but then your not interested so I don't see how I have upset you to the point of slanderous verbage. I need to get some rest now. I'm old you know...;)

Both of these models are odd comparing to all the other amps, so I guess they are some kind of models that use special variations of the axefx tube amp algorithms to "catch" the tones from these non- or hybrid tube circuits. I guess G3 them would let them sound too different from now, so FAS would have to re-create them from scratch. Just my thoughts, nothing more.....

i really like the JMP1 model in AFX, even not fully G3-ed... as we know the models not G"-ed take benefits from the whole new G3 algorithm.
JMP1 fully G3-ed will be for me a great (pre)amp.

Back
Top Bottom