Brit Floyd Presets

ethomas1013

Fractal Fanatic
Ok, I'll get us started. DaveE asked me to convert the Brit Floyd presets to the AX8. The original thread with the AxeFX presets and info can be found here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/brit-floyd-presets.102305/

A few things to note:
  1. There are some comments in the thread about the cab block defaulting to the 1x6 Oval cab. I did not change the cab in these ports to the AX8
  2. The original presets contained an FX loop block to send a signal to Out 2, presumably for use with a power amp and cab. I did not include that in these presets.
  3. One of the preset used the Milti-Band Compressor block which is not available in the AX8
  4. I did increase the volume for the Run Like Hell preset. I did not adjust the volumes for any of the others
  5. I set the Input Gate to -72db Threshold and 2.5 Ratio as some of these are quite noisy
The following 14 presets are included:

Brain Damage Clean
Breathe Slide
Comfy Solo
Have a Cigar Lead
Have a Cigar Rhythm
Keep Talking Riff
Money Solo 3
Money Tremolo
Run Like Hell
Shine Intro Solo
Shane Syd's Theme
Time Solo
Turning Away Solo
Us and Them Verse

And lastly, here's a dropbox link to the presets folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0s1c6zkoefg8d54/AAAlfroJ1Akhe2yTTvXp3Tu4a?dl=0

Last edited:
Hm, let me see if they load back into my AX8. If not, I'll re-save them...

Yep, I could not get those two loaded from the exported file. I re-saved them, verified that they all import, and updated the zip file. The Original Post has been updated with a link to the new zip file.

Last edited:
Thanks!! Other than the one block you mentioned, was there anything else that didn't fit or otherwise couldn't be included on the AX8 due to block or DSP limitations??

And just to get greedy, are you going to do the rest of them?

:)))

That's all of them as far as I can tell. If you have a link to more I can easily convert them as long as I still have the AxeII (which may not be long).

Thanks!! Other than the one block you mentioned, was there anything else that didn't fit or otherwise couldn't be included on the AX8 due to block or DSP limitations??

No, it all fits easily DSP wise. The original presets really are not that complex.

Any chance the individual blocks for each scene can be uploaded so us FX8 users can use them too please ?

I'll see if I have some time to do that. I probably won't be able to do that until after Christmas. It's easy to export the blocks and zip the results, but you will probably need screen shots to see the order of the effects. These would work best in the FX8 using 4CM since most of the effects are after the amp block. Only a few of them use a drive pedal, and it is before the amp block.

Of course someone else who downloads my AX8 ports could also export the blocks for FX8 use...

I'll see if I have some time to do that. I probably won't be able to do that until after Christmas. It's easy to export the blocks and zip the results, but you will probably need screen shots to see the order of the effects. These would work best in the FX8 using 4CM since most of the effects are after the amp block. Only a few of them use a drive pedal, and it is before the amp block.

Of course someone else who downloads my AX8 ports could also export the blocks for FX8 use...

Thank you - I've put a feature request in for an AX8 to FX8 preset converter (and vice versa)

That's all of them as far as I can tell. If you have a link to more I can easily convert them as long as I still have the AxeII (which may not be long).
No, it all fits easily DSP wise. The original presets really are not that complex.

I emailed the others to you.

Ok, I updated the link in the OP to a new zip file with four more presets that Dave sent:

Breathe Slide
Money Tremolo
Shine Intro Solo
Shine Syd's Theme

Wow, these patches are unbelievably great. Syd's Theme and RLH are outstanding. Would love a few patches from Animals, especially Dogs with the Yamaha RA-200 speaker.

Is it possible to get these for the FX8? Thanks

Ok, I'll get us started. DaveE asked me to convert the Brit Floyd presets to the AX8. The original thread with the AxeFX presets and info can be found here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/brit-floyd-presets.102305/

A few things to note:
  1. There are some comments in the thread about the cab block defaulting to the 1x6 Oval cab. I did not change the cab in these ports to the AX8
  2. The original presets contained an FX loop block to send a signal to Out 2, presumably for use with a power amp and cab. I did not include that in these presets.
  3. One of the preset used the Milti-Band Compressor block which is not available in the AX8
  4. I did increase the volume for the Run Like Hell preset. I did not adjust the volumes for any of the others
  5. I set the Input Gate to -72db Threshold and 2.5 Ratio as some of these are quite noisy
The following 14 presets are included:

Brain Damage Clean
Breathe Slide
Comfy Solo
Have a Cigar Lead
Have a Cigar Rhythm
Keep Talking Riff
Money Solo 3
Money Tremolo
Run Like Hell
Shine Intro Solo
Shane Syd's Theme
Time Solo
Turning Away Solo
Us and Them Verse

And lastly, here's a dropbox link to a zip file with the presets:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59322186/AX8 Brit Floyd Presets v3.zip

Just played with these. Thanks so much for posting them. They are really nice. A lot of work must have gone into making them so just wanted to thank you. Much appreciated.

There is no "best". The link in the original post discusses the reason why these were on the 1x6 oval. I don't know if anyone really came up with a recommendation of which cab to use. I guess I'd start by reading that thread, and then just try some different cabs to see what you like.

Hi, I am getting " dropbox not found", have these been moved or made private, huge Floyd fan would love to try these ???

Back
Top Bottom