Bringing the connections to the front

Hello, I have my AxeFx in a 4U rack. I'd like to bring the connections (output, MIDI), to the front of the rack, so I don't have to reach back there every time.

The XLR and 1/4" connections are easy. Hosa makes a 1U modular patchbay that could make this work. But they don't have MIDI...

At the minimum, I'd want 2 XLR, a 7-pin MIDI, and a 5-pin MIDI.

What are people using to do this? Thanks.

Hello, I have my AxeFx in a 4U rack. I'd like to bring the connections (output, MIDI), to the front of the rack, so I don't have to reach back there every time.

The XLR and 1/4" connections are easy. Hosa makes a 1U modular patchbay that could make this work. But they don't have MIDI...

At the minimum, I'd want 2 XLR, a 7-pin MIDI, and a 5-pin MIDI.

What are people using to do this? Thanks.

Here's my setup from Redco Audio...

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

Built my own - though its at the back of the rack through preference. I could mount it at the front though:

I have added a powerconconnector since this pic - but cant access photobucket from work for the latest pics (got this from another thread) - mioght post it later:

rackrear.jpg

Thanks for posting your pics Brian & Paul. Brian... wow, your setup is pretty involved.

Anyway I just ordered a custom 1U panel from Vafram. So far Hans has been very good regarding communication. I'm impressed.

Thanks for posting your pics Brian & Paul. Brian... wow, your setup is pretty involved.

Anyway I just ordered a custom 1U panel from Vafram. So far Hans has been very good regarding communication. I'm impressed.

Yeah, I figured I had 16 d-sub spaces to work with in one rack space so I put everything on it...never need to go to the back for anything...! This is in the studio as well, so it's particularly handy there being able to patch whatever to wherever...!

Hans is honest, easy to work with and more attentive than any other vendor currently doing this. I highly recommend Vafam Sound for axe fx panels.

So is Chris at Redco Audio. Great guy, and he was able to source a 7-pin midi plug that fit in a D-sub panle cutout just like the 5-pin ones. I didn't like the old looking plast style that you had to add two holes for...didn't look clean to me...and I love the labeling tags that Redco makes for all the connections... All in all, I thnk I had about $122 or so in all 16 connections. That included the panel and labels, screws, nuts, etc.etc. Everything needed to make it look like you see it...!

Back
Top Bottom