Bring on the sludge! (ML USA Citrus 2x12 Cab Pack)

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

If you haven't heard yet this will be one of the next Cab Packs released by FAS. Read more here! It's based on two of the most popular modern 2x12 guitar cabinets: Mesa Rectifier 2x12 which you can hear on the left hand side of the mix with a Mark IV as the amp sim and an Orange PPC212 2x12 which you can hear on the right hand side of the mix with a Rockerverb 50 as the amp sim. I purposefully took the gain to an almost over the top Mastodon type sludge and let a simple riff do it's job and deliver the toanz. :)

This pack will be perfect for people who like the Mesa sound but are struggling with the low end as these USA IR's are more juicy in the mids and controlled in the low end while never sounding harsh in the high end. The Citrus on the other hand is the anti-harsh high end pack or that's what I call it. It's just extremely round and soft in it's high end so you will never get ear fatigue. In addition this will be a great bang for buck budget option for people who are thinking about getting their first FAS Cab Pack. It's definitely a whole lot of bang!

I tried doing something I haven't done before with the mix. Does it translate well for you guys? It's purposefully quite loose and bouncy. :)

This is JUST, what I've been waiting for! I love the tight sound of 2 x 12 Mesa and Orange configurations!
That's good to hear Klaus! :) They're definitely different than the 4x12s I've done but it's really hard to explain how exactly. They're sort of less scooped and have more mids. The "USA" one has more bite. The "Citrus" one has a woody character to it. I just love how they're very different yet mix together really well.

Are the drums slightly panned right? I can't tell if my ears are playing tricks on me. Live the snare and Bass sound off to the right.

Back
Top Bottom