Wish "Bright" LED ring for scenes assignable to / honors the FC "Hold" option

moerker

Experienced
By design, the FC-LED is set to "bright" mode, if the current selected scene is also set as "Tap" in the current layout (or per preset override).

Since I cannot cope with the switch delay in this situation (if both "tap" and "hold" is assigned), I've set the hold function mode to "switch up" and trigger most scene changes on release. In this configuration, the "bright" mode is virtually never active to show the currently active scene, since my tap functionality is is usually set up increment/decrement views, access MLM etc. Also, for those "layout/view" changing stuff, I don't want to connect an external controller, so I'm ending up assigning them to the "tap" function (and lose the ability to see which scene is active).

It would be really nice to change the FC behavior that it also honors the "Hold" configuration for determination of the "bright" mode.
A way I could think about implementing this is by adding the option to the FCs for "priorization": Either prioritize a scene switch on hold, or on tap. This may be done on switch level, and is also an option for per preset switches.
(I usually use custom names, since I cannot copy the naming of the "hold" configuration, but that's fine for me).

Edit: I checked out the "Hold Reveal" function. Didn't worked for me, since I would lose the "switch up", and also need to change back to the "normal" view to use the "tap" functionality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom