Bright IR for cleans

Hello Friends,

I would like to have your advice on the IR you like to use for clean tones or even slightly overdriven tones in combination with CA3+ Clean, ODS-100, Shiver Clean, USA Clean & IIC .
I play electric oud (oriental lute) which has more mids and bass compared to the guitar so the tone is super warm naturally.

Thanks for the help
Amine

First off: That's super cool! Thanks for posting the clip.

As to a cabinet, you might try one of the 4x10 Fender cabinets. They have quite a different feel from the 12" cabinets.

I've been using the 8x10 SV Bass (RW) on my clean patches its a little brighter than the other bass amps but its pretty dynamic.

I found turning down the XFormer match in the amp block cleans up any mud in my tone. I also set tone frequency in the amp block under preamp.
All depends on how you like to dial in your amp. I like to keep the master volume at around 7 and let the B/M/T knobs add volume by turning them all up.
I've been using my axe for 3 years and read most of the forum and read the manual at least 3 times through. I am finally satisfied with my results. Takes lots of tweaking and experimenting with things like setting preamp to active and compression on the output.

Back
Top Bottom