Brian May's Treble Booster settings tips?

Andre Antunes

Inspired
Hi guys, any treble booster settings in order to replicate Brian's pedal in front of a cranked AC30?
Stock settings aren't working out so well.

Thanks!

With a real one you just turn it on 10 and go into a Vox AC30 on 10 with the tone controls all turned to 0. I have the same treble booster Brian uses made by the same person. To my ears none of the drives in the Axe FX replicates it exactly. You can get great Queen sounds easily in the Axe FX though.

The AC30's in the Axe FX sound very good. Try the Class A30W Hot with cab #94, and a micro boost with drive on 0, tone on 5, and volume at 7. Dial in the settings on the amp that sound closest to you and then used a Graphic EQ after the amp and cab to dial in any differences you hear.

With a real one you just turn it on 10 and go into a Vox AC30 on 10 with the tone controls all turned to 0. I have the same treble booster Brian uses made by the same person. To my ears none of the drives in the Axe FX replicates it exactly. You can get great Queen sounds easily though in the Axe FX though.

The AC30's in the Axe FX sound very good. Try the Class A30W Hot with cab #94, and a micro boost with drive on 0, tone on 5, and volume at 7. Dial in the settings on the amp that sound closest to you and then used a Graphic EQ after the amp and cab to dial in any differences you hear.

May I suggest that you contact Cliff to see if he wants to replicate your treble booster?

With a real one you just turn it on 10 and go into a Vox AC30 on 10 with the tone controls all turned to 0. I have the same treble booster Brian uses made by the same person. To my ears none of the drives in the Axe FX replicates it exactly. You can get great Queen sounds easily in the Axe FX though.

I tried these settings and just wanted to say thank you. Tonight, I have mostly been... Brian May!

I generally dont like single coils with higher gain, but Brian's an exception. Same with Gilmour.
Sorry to revive a zombie thread. :)
Brian May always uses his pickups in humbucker mode (series, in or out of phase). He never uses them in single coil or parallel mode.

Back
Top Bottom