AFIII Brian May Style on Axe-Fx

Loved it absolutely outstanding... Man that sounds great. Can’t wait to try this one
Thanks
Happy to share but I will need to look for a stock IR that sounds similar
I feel the built in TB still doesn’t sound as authentic as an external one but this is how close I could get :)
Have used a Brian May Red Special - not sure how it would sound with a regular guitar tho

Will share something later if I find a cool IR

Great even for the effects.
I used to think I needed to use Rocktron products to get good chorus like Brian, but it seems I don’t need with this preset.

Sorry guys I was on the impression I already shared it and the deacy one
I have no problem in sharing it however be prevented that 90% comes from the right IR selection
I am a big fan of @York Audio who through the years I can say became a good friend although I don’t have the pleasure of meeting him f2f
The first video was done with his old 2x12 pack however the latest version of the preset is done with his new 2x12 IR with the custom mix he made on my request for Brian May

I will share the preset now due to the interest of course, this will be with a stock cab which will drastically change the tone, please remember that I professionally play for a queeen tribute and replicating Brian tone accurately is tricky so there are factors such us
  • The IR will make a massive difference (purchase it if you haven’t)
  • The guitar also affects, I am using a £10k replica of Brian May Guitar by KZ - you can get Brian tone with any guitar or even a cheap BMG however you won’t get the right one if you are a deep fan if that makes sense
  • Sixpences, that’s the easiest and most affordable element in the chain however takes time to get used to

I will upload it later today, if I forget please remind me

Rafa

Here's the preset

There are 3 scenes
  1. No TB so you can use an External Treble Booster
  2. Fender Deluxe so you can play Crazy little thing called love with a telecaster
  3. TB which is same than scene 1 with a treble booster built in
The PEQ gives you some extra volume for solos and the delay has 2 blocks I use:
  1. Block 1 - tiny delay for solos
  2. Block 2 - 800/1600 delay for Brighton Rock
Finally the preset works with a chorus that emulates the CE1 however if you bypass it and through the Controller 6 you activate the filter block and the phaser you will get a clone or inspired FOXX phaser sound

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS PRESET IS WITH @York Audio CABS, this still works with other guitars and other cabs however stock cabs will not give you the power you get with Justin's one

Have fun and let me know your thoughts please - I will upload it in FM version so everyone can use it

Attachments

• VOX AC30 Brian May.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for the preset, Rafa! I went ahead and got the cab pack from York Audio and played my Brian May Special and it sounded stellar! All I'm missing now is the sixpence.

Here's the preset

There are 3 scenes
  1. No TB so you can use an External Treble Booster
  2. Fender Deluxe so you can play Crazy little thing called love with a telecaster
  3. TB which is same than scene 1 with a treble booster built in
The PEQ gives you some extra volume for solos and the delay has 2 blocks I use:
  1. Block 1 - tiny delay for solos
  2. Block 2 - 800/1600 delay for Brighton Rock
Finally the preset works with a chorus that emulates the CE1 however if you bypass it and through the Controller 6 you activate the filter block and the phaser you will get a clone or inspired FOXX phaser sound

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS PRESET IS WITH @York Audio CABS, this still works with other guitars and other cabs however stock cabs will not give you the power you get with Justin's one

Have fun and let me know your thoughts please - I will upload it in FM version so everyone can use it
Can you post a picture of your cab section or let us know what cabs you have in what slots? I'm looking at the cab pack now and there are many different mics to choose from.

Can you post a picture of your cab section or let us know what cabs you have in what slots? I'm looking at the cab pack now and there are many different mics to choose from.
If you have the York Audio pack he's referring to (VX 30 2112 BLUE) there's a Brian May mix in there. I'm fairly certain that is the IR Rafa is referring to.

Back
Top Bottom