• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Brian May Sound

Techboy57

Inspired
Unfortunately, emulating a TREBLE BOOSTER into a VOX kind of amp is not the strong suit of the AXE FX. In other words, it sounds really poor. This falls within the domain of passiv guitar, guitar cable, an a good analog amp.
I tried it so often on the AXE with no good results.

Not only a secret weapon to Brian May but also Richie Blackmore and Rory Gallagher.

I have an BSM RPA Treble Booster . This beast delivers 8 Volt at output when full blown. Only a good amp can handle this on the input.
So from Hi Gain to clean only with your guitars volume knob. So amazing.

Hope this can be emulated one day with the AXE.
I believe as the story goes that it was Rory Gallagher who turned Brian May on to the treble booster into an AC 30 when they crossed paths..

Top Bottom