Brian May Harmony Delay with new Valhall Vox ´63 IRs

Hubi

Experienced
Valhall did a new shooting from two different Voxamps, which inspired me diving deeper into Brian May´s Sounds. In a few old videos he showed his harmony delay technic. this is easy to do with the axe, original Brian used 3 different amps for this. The secret is a delay with one repeat and a second with two repeats (400 msec and 800msec or 1/4 and 1/2).

I used the ´62 U87 Raw Single IR, which comes very close to the original sound - the SE 4400 IRs sound also great from this pack.

I played with my G&L Strat with the split humbucker/Middle PU Position, Scene 4 is a Monodelay for two-voice-harmony, Scene 5 for the 3-voice harmony.

Preset works on Axe II.

Vox AC 30, Drive 10

Valhall IR Raw U 87 B1

Dual Delay

G&L Strat

Attachments

• Queen 10.1 May Delay.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
That old video he made is wild, such a huge star but they had the worst production possible

Fun and entertaining to watch though

That old video he made is wild, such a huge star but they had the worst production possible

Fun and entertaining to watch though
It seems to me that there´s was more time to show the secrets than today. The funniest thing is when Brian always had to switch to stand by ("klick") his Vox as he started to explain what he played - to much ambient noise from the amp, which he had to hide.

Last edited:
Valhall did a new shooting from two different Voxamps, which inspired me diving deeper into Brian May´s Sounds. In a few old videos he showed his harmony delay technic. this is easy to do with the axe, original Brian used 3 different amps for this. The secret is a delay with one repeat and a second with two repeats (400 msec and 800msec or 1/4 and 1/2).

I used the ´62 U87 Raw Single IR, which comes very close to the original sound - the SE 4400 IRs sound also great from this pack.

I played with my G&L Strat with the split humbucker/Middle PU Position, Scene 4 is a Monodelay for two-voice-harmony, Scene 5 for the 3-voice harmony.

Preset works on Axe II.

Vox AC 30, Drive 10

Valhall IR Raw U 87 B1

Dual Delay

G&L Strat

That sounds excellent. Thanks for the preset.

Sounds great Hubi! Thx for sharing the patch. I'll try to convert it tomorrow and hopefully it will work on the III

Maybe it only sounds good with vintagegear like Axe II;)

Depends on the year you bought it. I prefer the early 2016 XL (collectors call it the blackface XL´s, it´s all about the deep black surface finish). It has something to do with the resonance frequenzy of the chassis.
They have the best vintage sounds. For cleans I would recomment a late 2014 unit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom