Breaking all illusions

Thank you very much guys!

For the "ice pick" I think it depends on the cab sim I used: CALI+R121 (sweet high end and scooped mids) and a RECTO1+SM57 mixed together. Try with that, I love it!

That was seriously good bro! I am loving the new DT album. I am a fan of DT only since a few years now but every time I hear a new album it just really grows on me. His guitar work and solos are so tasteful and melodic they really resonate with me. Great job. Did you create the backing track? did you find some tabs for that too? Also noticed your KRK's in the vid, they look like the vxt's. I have the G2 Rokit 8's and have considered upgrading to the VXT's but don't know if it will be a huge jump in quality or not. anyway, cheers

Really good stuff. Thanks for taking the time to make a video and share this.

Last edited:
Very nicely played Michele - really enjoyed that
thumbsup.gif

Did you use the same lead tone throughout and just back off the guitar volume..?

Any chance you could post your patch(es) please?

this great melodic solo by John Petrucci, one of his best IMHO.
Agreed
yessmiley.gif
I actually think he's constructed some of his best solos during the course this 'Dramatic Turn' album
guitar.gif

Last edited:
That was seriously good bro! I am loving the new DT album. I am a fan of DT only since a few years now but every time I hear a new album it just really grows on me. His guitar work and solos are so tasteful and melodic they really resonate with me. Great job. Did you create the backing track? did you find some tabs for that too? Also noticed your KRK's in the vid, they look like the vxt's. I have the G2 Rokit 8's and have considered upgrading to the VXT's but don't know if it will be a huge jump in quality or not. anyway, cheers

I created the backing track from MIDI using some software synths, i have also the tab but it's not 100% correct. Yes my KRK's are the VXT8, i don't know the Rockit's but from what people says there is a huge difference between them.

Very nicely played Michele - really enjoyed that
thumbsup.gif

Did you use the same lead tone throughout and just back off the guitar volume..?

Any chance you could post your patch(es) please?

Yes the same lead tone, guitar's volume roll off for the central section and then drive on for the last! The clean section is another patch. I will share them ASAP

Thank you all!! :)

Last edited:
Seriously well done! Very smooth!
In my opinion, A Dramatic Turn Of Events is easily Dream Theaters best album to date, and you chose one of the best solos on the record.

wow you're cab/mic selection is incredible. I had been using an eq-matched IR to get my petrucci MKIV tone, but this tone actually sounds a bit better. Thanks, now I can free up a user IR slot.

Back
Top Bottom