AFIII "Breakin' the Law" - Axe-Fx III Style

Genghis

Power User
I wasn't really trying to cop the Priest style with this, more covering it with my own tones, but it's all Axe-FX III. I'm an old metalhead and my voice recently changed. I can still sound like I used to, but I think Lemmy came to me in a dream and left me with some voice lessons or something. Couldn't get near this raunchy 3 months ago, but damn, if I ain't having fun with this new-found ability. (Some may hate it, but I kinda like it.)

Thanks man. I had fun on this one. I've done a few other covers lately and I dug the way this one turned out.

I also did some old KISS, which was one of those that I think got a lot of us old-timers into the hard rock/metal thing when we were in junior high. I may tweak that mix a little and post it in a few days.

Thanks guys.

I've always done more originals, but I've been on kind of a binge of covering a few classics lately. It's almost as much fun as writing your own stuff sometimes, and ya always pick up little nuances when you go and learn other people's songs... even if you bend them around your own way in the end.

I wasn't really trying to cop the Priest style with this, more covering it with my own tones, but it's all Axe-FX III. I'm an old metalhead and my voice recently changed. I can still sound like I used to, but I think Lemmy came to me in a dream and left me with some voice lessons or something. Couldn't get near this raunchy 3 months ago, but damn, if I ain't having fun with this new-found ability. (Some may hate it, but I kinda like it.)

Is the tone on axechange????

Is the tone on axechange????
Sorry, but no. I basically I layered four tracks of rhythm guitar using different amps and then did solos with one of my lead scenes from one patch. Not even really sure I remember which patches I used for any of these tracks.

Dude, this sounds great. I'd listen to your music!!

One bit of constructive criticism (if I had to) - there's a bit of a fuzzy build-up down in the lower-mids, when everything is rocking out. I'm not sure if it's the bass tone itself or maybe just some crossover, but that's legitimately the only thing I could think to point out.

All in all, seriously great!

Back
Top Bottom