BRAND NEW XL+

golden blue

22 years ago I picked up my first electric guitar and Peavy Rage practice amp. it didn't take long to realize that I wasn't getting the tone I heard in my head. the search begins.... fast forward through many years, gear, and dollars later to a few weeks ago. i'm watching a rick beato youtube clip and he's going on about the latest modelers and how freeking awesome they are. he kept mentioning Fractal Audio Axe FX. I was intrigued and did a google search. the price tag was the first thing that popped up and I quickly laughed and said "nevermind!"and went on my way in search of cheaper alternatives. so I'm searching and researching the latest pedal boards and this nagging voice in the back of my head is going "Dude. you know you'll ultimately be unsatisfied with these. yeah, they look cool with the shiny-flashy bright colors and all, but listen to how they sound. I mean if you want flashing bright colors just buy an ipad. Dude. you know what you really really want: Fractal Audio Axe FX"
"Yeah but the price ta-"
"Shhhh. Tax returns are right around the corner. overtime hours are rolling at work. you can do this."

and the rest is history. it just came in the door at 7pm this evening after waiting a week for UPS. I had just enough time to do the happy dance, rack the XL+ in its case and download the software and drivers. (and play a few licks of course.) set up was no problem. connected via SPDIF to my interface. Sounds absofreekinglutely amazing through my JBL lsr 305's.

want to thank everyone here on the forum for being super helpful, i'm sure i'll be asking for more help here shortly as I begin to dig in deeper. and I want to thank Cliff and crew for creating this amazing piece of gear. may He and Company go down in the pages of history next to Leo Fender, Les Paul, Jim Marshall, and all the other mad geniuses of audio engineering madness. I have never felt so passionate about a single piece of gear, (besides my guitars) and I haven't even owned it for 24 hours yet.

Fractal Audio Rocks!

Welome golden blue!
Pauly

22 years ago I picked up my first electric guitar and Peavy Rage practice amp. it didn't take long to realize that I wasn't getting the tone I heard in my head. the search begins.... fast forward through many years, gear, and dollars later to a few weeks ago. i'm watching a rick beato youtube clip and he's going on about the latest modelers and how freeking awesome they are. he kept mentioning Fractal Audio Axe FX. I was intrigued and did a google search. the price tag was the first thing that popped up and I quickly laughed and said "nevermind!"and went on my way in search of cheaper alternatives. so I'm searching and researching the latest pedal boards and this nagging voice in the back of my head is going "Dude. you know you'll ultimately be unsatisfied with these. yeah, they look cool with the shiny-flashy bright colors and all, but listen to how they sound. I mean if you want flashing bright colors just buy an ipad. Dude. you know what you really really want: Fractal Audio Axe FX"
"Yeah but the price ta-"
"Shhhh. Tax returns are right around the corner. overtime hours are rolling at work. you can do this."

and the rest is history. it just came in the door at 7pm this evening after waiting a week for UPS. I had just enough time to do the happy dance, rack the XL+ in its case and download the software and drivers. (and play a few licks of course.) set up was no problem. connected via SPDIF to my interface. Sounds absofreekinglutely amazing through my JBL lsr 305's.

want to thank everyone here on the forum for being super helpful, i'm sure i'll be asking for more help here shortly as I begin to dig in deeper. and I want to thank Cliff and crew for creating this amazing piece of gear. may He and Company go down in the pages of history next to Leo Fender, Les Paul, Jim Marshall, and all the other mad geniuses of audio engineering madness. I have never felt so passionate about a single piece of gear, (besides my guitars) and I haven't even owned it for 24 hours yet.

Fractal Audio Rocks!
W

Oh yeah! WOW! This is absolutely everything i hoped it would be! Ive only begun messing with the presets and checking out the editable parameters and it sounds FANTASTIC! All the tones ive heard in my head and new ones i hadnt thought of before. The reverbs! The reverbs are Gorgeous! Axe-Edit is great! So far its been a real breeze to use. Digging into the manual and watching the tut-vids before purchasing has really paid off. Am in tone heaven. There is no feeling of "i paid how much for this?!" or sticker shock. Just the opposite really. Add my name to the long list of satisfied customers!:D

Last edited:
"There is no feeling of "i paid how much for this?!" or sticker shock. Just the opposite really. Add my name to the long list of satisfied customers!:D

That sums up my feeling exactly. For years I've thought, "Nope... my wife will smother me in my sleep if I spend that kind of money." After a year of obsessing, and several months of loading spare $20 bills into my coffee can, she actually gave me the final $300 I needed to make the purchase during the XL+ price drop. Three weeks later, I have the same feeling as Golden Blue: no sticker shock or regrets, absolutely zero. When I hear the delicious tones, I actually think it was a bargain. Even my wife thought it was money well-spent; she especially likes the headphone jack feature... Ha!

Golden Blue, We welcome you!!

It's hard to put into words and communicate to others how much Fractal Gear means to us!
Awesome company, amazing support, Great tones, rock solid performance, free & frequent updates inspiring creativity.
No more heavy lifting (amps & Cabs), the knobs on all the effect pedals getting bumped, tubes wearing out... you get the picture.
Rock on brother!

Thank you all! A few weeks into this and im still totally blown away. Havent fired it up in my DAW yet but i have begun toying with my own Presets. I must say that i have learned alot more about amps and effect chains than i knew before. And i am so glad i went with the XL+ over the AX8 for the ability to run two amp blocks at once, mess with mic and room settings, etc. Very very cool. Also have to say that while axe edit is great, i am having no problems moving around and editing from the front panel. It really isnt as difficult as some have made it out to be. Sometimes i wanna just plug in and play without having to fire up my PC. FAS=BadAss!

I've had mine now for a couple of weeks and still blown away each time I plug in. I have not stopped exploring the effects. Was toying with the Rotary the other day and although I read some posts that felt it was rather "bleh". I toyed with it a little playing with the speed, grind and found it quite usable. Rotary is one of those effects I don't use often but gotta have! Anyway I'm enjoying the honeymoon!

I've had mine now for a couple of weeks and still blown away each time I plug in. I have not stopped exploring the effects. Was toying with the Rotary the other day and although I read some posts that felt it was rather "bleh". I toyed with it a little playing with the speed, grind and found it quite usable. Rotary is one of those effects I don't use often but gotta have! Anyway I'm enjoying the honeymoon!
If youy set it up in parallel and put an eq block in front of it, you can tweak the tone as well.

Back
Top Bottom