*BRAND NEW* MFC-101 Labelling System imminent!! Next gen KickTags launching in September!

The KickTags website will be back up and live in 1 hours folks - 9pm UK time :)

Thank you all for your patience!
Sukh

I have to ask....what the hell is the deal with the Doner Kebabs? I miss them so much and there isn't anywhere to get one in my area.

For those of you who've followed my stuff over the past few iterations of KickTags, you know I always try my best to come up with the very best designed labels, both aesthetically and functionally.

Every generation so far has been the result of countless hours of tinkering, trying out and discarding ideas, designing and then scrapping and starting over, trying out materials, getting prototypes made and so on and so on. I've probably spent more time and money than I should have in this crazy obsession of mine, but I've done it primarily for one reason.

So *I* could have the exact labels I that I wished were available.

It's never been about big money or mass production (if that were the case, I could just continually come out with design after design of printed magnets, pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap!), it's been about my OCD and wanting to come out with something that just works.

The last generation of KickTags were a lot of fun to make, as they allowed me to finally produce a solid and viable way to implement the Modular approach to labelling I designed back in 2010. But they had one *tiny* flaw.... they went out of alignment with use! Now, to be fair, this is true of any magnetic system, but it bugged me. The OCD in me used to freak whenever I saw the fantastic pictures my amazing customers used to post of their KickTag labelled boards with less than perfectly straight labels...

And that is why I designed, and am now extremely excited to announce the release of the latest generation of my KickTags labels, which feature an all new Uni-Surround design :)

Once again, I've been fortunate to have had someone road test these for me now for 3 months, who has taken a Uni-Surround labelled MFC on a world tour. You may have heard of him... it's a chap called Steve Vai :)

I've had reports back from the road that the labels have not budged one mm since I put them on his board at the beginning of June. I can't tell you how much of a smile that puts on my face :)

Anyway, enough with the jibber jabber. I'm going to finalise the store and it will be live in 5 minutes!

Thanks for the patience dudes - hope to chat to some of you soon!
Sukh

vai%20pedalboard_zps9prsusxm.jpg

Last edited:
So I wen there to order, and guess what, there's no MEGA-SURROUND option! :eek:o_O:confused::(

Which isn't proper.

I ordered a bunch of things cause, you know, how long can an MFC last without a new set of tags? Not long. And it's been a while. But still.

Thanks for making the white-on-black thingies though, they seem to look nice! :) And seriously, great job you're doing for all of us!

But don't relax totally yet, you still have those mega-surrounds to make.

So I wen there to order, and guess what, there's no MEGA-SURROUND option! :eek:o_O:confused::(

Which isn't proper.

I ordered a bunch of things cause, you know, how long can an MFC last without a new set of tags? Not long. And it's been a while. But still.

Thanks for making the white-on-black thingies though, they seem to look nice! :) And seriously, great job you're doing for all of us!

But don't relax totally yet, you still have those mega-surrounds to make.

Haha! Firsty, thank you so much for your order mate - very very cool of you :)

Second - you were one of only 5 folks that emailed and asked for the 'Mega surround' - I just spoke to another cool guy and explained that, at that volume, it wouldn't be cheap and as crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't want to take your money for something you can easily achieve by just putting a little double sided tape on the back of the control set labels :)

Anyhow, if you're still itching for them in a month or so, get in touch and I'll see what I can do :)

Thanks again bro!!
Sukh

Anyhow, if you're still itching for them in a month or so, get in touch and I'll see what I can do

Man, there's an ancient joke that goes like this - I absolutely love having wonky labels on my board glued on with some cheap two-sided tape or something. They say when Plato first heard about the idea he laughed his ass off and then went totally bonkers and poisoned Socrates. Or something terrible like that happened.

Anyhow, I'm not doing that tape thing. It's a matter of principle. You either use perfect labels or you don't. I prefer to do have perfect labels. And since it's a matter of principle and a matter of perfection, money doesn't matter. Like, at all.

So yeah, I'm itching and will be itching in a month, and I'll let you know.

Oh, and while we're at it, you know what would be super uber mega cool? Having two little windows for mini square labels for buttons that have looper functions!

Back
Top Bottom