Brand New GHS David Gilmour 10-48 Strings – Rusted out of the box!

After sending several emails to the vendor (Music Support Shop, Bangkok) I finally got an answer from them:

Dear valuable customers

Products delivered to customers. Order This model Brand It is not a manufacturer

Or importer And that a new The shortcomings of this product The manufacturer stated

that there was no guarantee that will not rust. With the importance of your customers.

mailed to your customers If your children do not want to follow the instructions of our trade.

Sorry for the inconvenience And sincerely hope that your customer is satisfied

haemophilia our liability.

Yours sincerely, Aqua

Music support

I don't know if I am deciphering it correctly, but it seems like they are saying that the manufacturer has stated that they do not offer warranty against rust, therefore they are not liable.

o_O o_O o_O

And remember:
BEWARE OF THE CHILDREN THAT DO NOT WANT TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF OUR TRADE!

Last edited:
In case someone believes that I'm joking about that message, you can read it online here:

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/musicsupportshop/posts/1253049074718939?comment_id=1255555611134952

:rolleyes:

It's really the fault of the vendor and distributor NOT GHS strings...

I've used thousands if not by now tens of thousands of strings- never seen one rusted out of the box- BUT going over seas and customs and sitting around awhile before you buy them- it's well out of the hands of the manufacturer.

They're not taking care of them before they get into the buyers hands. I'm sure its a common issue from them and they're weaseling the way out of it.

You might want to look into Ernie Ball or D'Addario because they're more sealed than GHS--
if you're on an island in the middle of the ocean and you're buying metal strings, in a paper bag in a paper box- probably not going to hold up.

ALSO- I'd complain that strings aren't going to get you closer to David Gilmour's playing however I will say some strings bend higher than others due to their alloys. But 10-48's aren't the strings I'd go for if I'd want to bend a ton anyway- but I'm not normal anyway- I've used 8's exclusively for years- and sometimes play with 7's.

I do not pretend to get closer to Gilmour's playing by changing strings. I just enjoy experimenting, and so far I've found that I like the extra thickness at the lower strings. Not much difference on bending, but I am getting used to grab the tremolo bar while playing, and that makes it easier to bend up to two and a half tones.

I have received the new sets of strings from GHS.
Excellent Customer Service!!!

I will buy spare sets during my next trip to Europe. Cannot trust the old stock from the shops in Bangkok.

14188358_10207099434944875_1646289445978312670_o.jpg

Top tip ..... move house to somewhere with less humidity (and haemophilia). I hear Arizona is pretty dry ...... bit of a longer commute to and from work in Bangkok but the money you save in not changing strings so often could be put towards a private jet which should help beat the traffic.

good to see that GHS cares. I think, I would not return to the store(distributor) that you originally bought them from. looks like they do not care. I know my local music store would have thrown me a new set no questions asked, in stead of a not our fault letter.

Send back:

Dear seller of the Brand who in not the manufacturer...
The new shortcoming of this product may not be accepted
If your children write instructions for your customer service... give them haemophilia
The inconvenience is monumental, and i hope that the termination of our partnership is acceptable

Back
Top Bottom