Brand new at this

DAVID SHAPIRO

But , finally, starting to have some fun. At first, there just wasn't any sound. I was using the Double Verb amp. Tried everything to make it work. Checked out all the cables. Plugged my CLR into my home theater system, etc. Finally, I tried a different a second Double Verb preset and it worked just fine. The first one in my bank of presets was a dud. Somehow.
I also really like Ax8 edit much more than using the interface on the unit. But, to each his own.
I've also found Chris' intro video to be invaluable. Thanks Chris.
Anyway, I'm just loving what I'm hearing now.
David

Last edited:
Check the "Cab" block of the preset that doesn't work. Most of the times that I find a preset no make no sound at all, it ends up that the "Cab" block is pointing to an "IR" that is not there. For example, it is pointing to an IR in "U120" (user IR slot # 120), but there that user slot is empty.

This forum is a great resource to help troubleshoot as you get up and running.
My only recommendation- if you plan to play live with your Ax8, master navigating and tweaking with the front panel. It will save you when you need it most.
have fun

You make a good point @Mike Snider I've had a bit of a look at the front panel and am starting to get the hang of it. I really like (and prefer) the AX8 GUI however, on the night at a gig - this won't be available. I must spend me some more time doing thei.

Back
Top Bottom