Brad Paisley Tone. Without A Fight

rich2k4

Inspired
This song caught my ear on the radio recently and i fell in love with the tone. Tried to recreate it in the Axe. Dr Z Maz 38 amp with 2x12 AC30 Top Boost cab w/ Celestion Blues. Analog slap back delay and a small amount of spring reverb.

The studio recording might be a bit drier, but I do hear some kind of very slight reverb in there. But even if not, having some reverb in a home noodling setting sounds good.

reference:

Never heard this before (I don't listen to country) - sounds really good. I'll have to give it a try with the band!

This song caught my ear on the radio recently and i fell in love with the tone. Tried to recreate it in the Axe. Dr Z Maz 38 amp with 2x12 AC30 Top Boost cab w/ Celestion Blues. Analog slap back delay and a small amount of spring reverb.

The studio recording might be a bit drier, but I do hear some kind of very slight reverb in there. But even if not, having some reverb in a home noodling setting sounds good.

reference:

Very nice job getting the tone, character and feel. Kudos.

I think it sounds great! After listening to on my Studio monitors the biggest difference I hear other than mastering sheen) is the original seems to be a bit twangier and sounds to me to have a comp between the guitar and amp doing that funk/Nashville vibe that I can never seem to re-create. AWESOME JOB MAN!

Sounds great, and the character is pretty much spot on, but i think your clip may have a wee bit too much gain compared to what paisley uses! His tone is suprisingly clean! :)

Back
Top Bottom