Fixed BPM on the FM3 jumps 250 BPM and is locked there when receiving midi clock

ejecta

I'm using Morningstar MC6 sending midi clock over a normal midi cable and no USB involved. The tempo stays locked at 250 no matter what tempo I tap on the MC6 or on the FM3 for that matter and I can't for the life of me figure it out why. All my other devices in the midi chain sync up to the clock from the MC6 just fine and change tempos when I change the tmpo on the MC6.

If this is a known bug how do I get the FM3 to ignore midi clock until this is resolved?

I'm on the latest beta version BTW
EDIT: I switched back to firmware 1.03 and still getting the tempo locked at 250.

Last edited:
Last time I clocked sync'd, I got it to work with MIDI DIN only. But, USB had to also be disconnected or it double clocked to the 250 max BPM. So no FM3 Edit at the same time :confused:

It does seem buggy IMO. That said, I haven't extensively tested it. I was hoping USB MIDI would be implemented soon. It is a PITA to record without it.

Last time I clocked sync'd, I got it to work with MIDI DIN only. But, USB had to also be disconnected or it double clocked to the 250 max BPM. So no FM3 Edit at the same time :confused:

It does seem buggy IMO. That said, I haven't extensively tested it. I was hoping USB MIDI would be implemented soon. It is a PITA to record without it.

I'm still getting it bricked at 250 with no usb connected anywhere. I'd like it over USB as well but right now I'd like to get this pedal board with run of the mill midi connections work and done so I'll be ready when my gigs come back.

Right now if I could just get the FM3 to ignore the clock on it's end that would be fine for now.

For simple delays, it's no big deal to set the timing manually like the old days. For sync'ing LFOs and sequences, it's a must to work in lock step. That is where USB MIDI is also very helpful (to say the least).

For simple delays, it's no big deal to set the timing manually like the old days. For sync'ing LFOs and sequences, it's a must to work in lock step. That is where USB MIDI is also very helpful (to say the least).
Right now I'm just using the CC commands on each pedal to get the tempos the same tempo that way but I hope they figure this midi clock thing out becasue you aright there places that really doesn't work well.

Back
Top Bottom