Boxes From Equipment Purchases - Save of Discard?

If you have the space to store them without them being a burden do so, if not, bye bye.

I'm a box slut too. People at work make fun of me and threaten to throw away my boxes. But I have a big studio where I store my gear boxes. Yesterday I took photos of 5 pieces of gear, 4 with original boxes and instruction manuals that are heading to auction. Dating back to 2006. Can't count the number of times I've gotten exactly what I paid for gear and in a few cases even more on resale. Not to mention not having to dig around for the right box for shipping.

I keep 'em all! They are all in my loft, although I think my cat is somewhere up there in one of them too...

Yep. Box saver here too. I wrap all my cardboard boxes in heavy-duty plastic trash bags, and stick a piece of duct tape on them so I can label the contents of the bag. The it goes up in the attic. I recently sold a ton of gear, and it was super nice to have all those original boxes.

If you have the space to store them without them being a burden do so, if not, bye bye.

I used to have a pole barn and space was never an issue. Not so today. It's ironic; I want to save the boxes for the big stuff because that would be the most difficult and expensive to package for shipping and yet they take up the most room.

PgjFdJ0.jpg

I try to save mine, for the expensive items.

One thing that always happens, I decide there's no way I'm gonna sell a piece of gear, then throw that box away.
Then I sell the gear.

I generally save boxes for anything reasonable to ship. For something like a sub, I'd toss the box and sell locally.

On the other hand, having a usable garage again would be pretty nice...

TT

I'm a box-saver, but trying to wean myself off of the habit. They're just too bulky to justify giving up that much living space for decades.

On a related note, back in college, I had a vivid dream in which I was frustrated because I couldn't find the box my car came in.

Back
Top Bottom