Boutique 1 Matchless model

Gonna have to try that one with my PRS 509 Swamp Ash Artist... It would probably love that amp model the way you guys describe the
12.09 version!

Oooh, that Ultra Strat looks tempting. In the 80's I played a Strat Ultra for a while and really liked that guitar. I wore the neck out.

I didn't even know they introduced them until I got this recommended video. Every guitar player should have at least one Strat in their collection, and if you could only have one... well 👇

The new Fender noiseless pickups are supposed to be really nice. They don't have quite as much airy chime as regular singles, but they're not far from them. Also from all the clips I've heard, the minute you add any degree of distortion at all, the difference becomes almost negligible.

If I was playing clean most of the time, I'd go with regular singles for sure. But if I were to build a guitar for versatility and/or live playing, it would without question be a strat-style HSS with noiseless pickups.

Last edited:
Check out my review if you’re interested in the Ultra
https://musicplayers.com/2020/03/fender-american-ultra-stratocaster/

How does the American Ultra compares with the American Deluxe, in terms of playability?

My only Strat reference has been the American Deluxe (with Seymour Duncan SSL-5 and Fender CS Fat '50) that I've owned wince 1999. Until last year when I bought a Schecter Nick Johnston Custon Shop USA (with SeymourDuncan Antiquity Texas Hot). I find that the Schecter NJ is far above the American Deluxe. Now I only go back to the Fender when I need different pickups nuances (the Fat'50 is more "bell like" while the Antiquity Texas Hot is more "smokey"). I am wondering how is the jump between de Deluxe and the Ultra, regardless of the new version of noiseless pickups.

edit: I had a Squire Strat from 1983 to 1990, when I moved to SuperStrats. I forgot that

How does the American Ultra compares with the American Deluxe, in terms of playability?

My only Strat reference has been the American Deluxe (with Seymour Duncan SSL-5 and Fender CS Fat '50) that I've owned wince 1999. Until last year when I bought a Schecter Nick Johnston Custon Shop USA (with SeymourDuncan Antiquity Texas Hot). I find that the Schecter NJ is far above the American Deluxe. Now I only go back to the Fender when I need different pickups nuances (the Fat'50 is more "bell like" while the Antiquity Texas Hot is more "smokey"). I am wondering how is the jump between de Deluxe and the Ultra, regardless of the new version of noiseless pickups.

edit: I had a Squire Strat from 1983 to 1990, when I moved to SuperStrats. I forgot that
I’d love to be able to answer this but I have no experience with the deluxe line. Schecter USA is good stuff. I remember when they sold them out of custom 48th street here in NYC. I wish I can give a fair comparison. Sorry.

Every guitar player should have at least one Strat in their collection, and if you could only have one... well 👇

I have nine Strats but I'd probably baulk at forking out AUD$3,000 for a Strat. My custom built Strats cost a lot less than that and they are pretty much unbeatable, even by my CS Strats. YMMV.
However that Matchless amp is superb!!

I didn't even know they introduced them until I got this recommended video. Every guitar player should have at least one Strat in their collection, and if you could only have one... well 👇

I've owned the American Standard and Elite strats and sold both to get Suhr(s). The Elite was better than the Standard but still not on par with the build quality and tone of the Suhr. Nothing against Fender, but I had to do fret work on both. The Fender Noiseless pickups are pretty good but added a bit of compression that I didn't like in the high end that he is pointing out in the video. I had Fat 50s in the Standard and upgraded to Zexcoil noiseless single coils and those were really good but had a bump around 2k that I was always trying to dial out. My favorite strat I've ever played (it's subjective) is my Suhr Classic Pro with VL60LP pickups (smooth like butter) and their SSCII silent system. If you've played Fender/Suhr guitars there is a different feel between them (imo), just depends on what you like.

Back
Top Bottom