Bought Rosen Cabs...Now how do I get them onto the AFX?

Your unit may be defective. It happened to me (also I couldn't delete an user cab, the memory was read-only), and the solution was the replacement of the unit.

Your unit may be defective. It happened to me (also I couldn't delete an user cab, the memory was read-only), and the solution was the replacement of the unit.

What you are showing there is exactly what is happening to me. Everything says changes have been made, but then when I go to use any of those changes, nothing has happened.

I'll wait until Fractal respond to my support ticket. Since people took the piss in this thread, I'm not sure whether or not to believe you when you say that the only solution is to replace the whole unit.

If that's the case, it better not take 6 months like it did for me to get my unit in the first place...

Yeah, I'm in Australia. I had drama with the dealer in regards to getting the unit (Fractal point the fingers at the dealer, the dealer points its fingers at Fractal, good luck figuring that one out). Done further business with them and all is good, but going without the AFX when I'm in the middle of a recording project for a month or two while I wait for Fractal to fix this isn't gonna happen.

Gonna wait for the support ticket.

This whole thread could have went a completely different direction at Post #14, if the OP, instead of saying "27 minutes!!!Gahhhhhh.....blah, blah, blah....BUT GET ON WITH IT" tried something like "Hey, thanks for that link to the very in depth video. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to solve my problem. I'm plum out of ideas on what the issue could be. Would someone mind doing something crazy like a Skype session with me to help me out real time?"

Now, I don't know if people even use Skype anymore or what, but I know that I would've attempted something real time to solve the OP's problem just so I could've saved myself the next three pages of posts that made the OP come off like an entitled child (of which there seems to be an upsurge around here lately). Just to be sure that I wasn't misreading anything, I went back and read all three prior pages and came off with the same opinion....that Forum Etiquette seems to be going by the wayside, and stomping ones feet and blaming FAS and the technology that is used has been on an upswing.

When I was a newb, I barely posted anything. I kept my mouth shut and came to this forum on an almost multiple times a day basis and soaked up all the knowledge and used the Search function. I worked hard to develop the scant amount of knowledge I possess now, but I still come here and learn something new everyday. To the OP and his defenders, if you are upset over the old codgers of the forum being difficult, it prolly has more to do with how you present yourself, not your actual age or post count.

There. I'm done screaming at the clouds today :jaded:
For Chris' benefit, and because I very much respect his knowledge, I want to make it clear I don't look for things to pounce on, I normally offer whatever benefit I may possibly add through my own experience. Once in a blue moon, however, I see someone, not because of their newness, inexperience or frustration, but because of their own sense of self entitlement, say things that just out and out strike me as uncool. Yes, the comment about Chris taking too much time to fix the OP's problem was one, but the one that got me was THIS
"When I get it working, I'll thank everybody :)"

Several people have weighed in already to say that the Rosen IR plugins are converting fine, Cab Lab 2 works splendidly. Being Axe-Fx "compatible" vs. Axe-Fx "ready" might be the operative issue here since wav files are technically Axe-Fx compatible (i.e., as long as they are not stereo mix, and even that limitation has been removed in recent firmware editions), and yes, marketing hype will abound when a business spots a potential new revenue stream from an exploding trend. Cab Lab 2 seems as essential to owning an Axe-Fx as a screwdriver is to an auto mechanic. Many manufacturers want to sell their IRs to Axe-Fx owners but don't want to pay licensing fees to sell the Axe-Fx syx format IR files. Cab Lab 2 is the solution to that problem.

Not sure if this will work for you, but it worked for me. Ignore ofcourse if you already tried it.

Whilst uploading a cab with cab lab have axe edit running. When done with cab lab, you wont see the newly uploaded cab at the right spot, then quit axe edit, restart and check again.

I had a few times this worked and the cab was there, ready to be used in my presets.

Yes, the comment about Chris taking too much time to fix the OP's problem was one, but the one that got me was THIS
"When I get it working, I'll thank everybody :)"

Yes, and the one that got me was several people jumping in to take potshots over a minor slight, that made this thread 5 goddamn pages long. When you're on the receiving end of that, you'll find that your ability to be grateful quickly diminishing.

hey man, I don't think it really matters about how minor the slight is. Its all about motivation. It takes motivation to help someone you don't know. When the help is met with a lack of gratitude / sarcasm or whatever, the level of motivation just goes down. Its not rocket chemistry :)

The five page thing.. well err, this is the internet and there are a lot of americans here - constitutional right to free speech and all that

Back
Top Bottom