Bought Rosen Cabs...Now how do I get them onto the AFX?

Sorry Chris there seems to be one in every bunch!! I sincerely, as do many others appreciate al of your continued efforts to support this forum and us old school users with dementia :)

here's a shorter version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsJ5k3_ov10

that "guy" is me. i'm so sorry you had to look for the part that might help you. i think i know the problem, but i wouldn't want to bore you.

I like how people are yelling at me for basically being impatient without checking out the shorter video and noticing that it only talks about cabs at 1:34 for 14 seconds.

As I said: I already followed your instructions and it's still not working. That second link stopped pretty much right when it would have been useful. I can audition the cabs, I save it in U001 and it goes from red to green, I close it and the cabs aren't there. So what am I missing?

I never assume anything so I'm just going to ask......are you clicking "Save" before you close it out. Again, just trying to be helpful.

Dude.....Chill. You're not helping. You really need more patience (and manners). Giving crap to people that are trying to help you is a sure fire way to stop the help. Nobody here has to help you?

If you are not willing to spend a reasonable amount of time learning how to master your gear, the Axe FX might not be for you?

It might be that the IRs might actually be there in the hardware but you need to "Refresh" you "Cab definitions" to see them in Axe-edit?

You're welcome.............;)

P.S. With the anonymity of on-line discussions people overlook common courtesy. if we were talking in person and you were talking to me like that, There would be a problem.

Last edited:
I never assume anything so I'm just going to ask......are you clicking "Save" before you close it out. Again, just trying to be helpful.

Yes I am. Just to idiot-proof myself, I clicked save again and got the "Error" message that there was nothing to save.

Dude.....Chill. You're not helping. You really need more patience (and manners). Giving crap to people that are trying to help you is a sure fire way to stop the help. Nobody here has to help you?

Really all I'm after is a straight answer. A 27 minute long video for a 2 minute procedure isn't what you call a straight answer is it? When you teach your kid how to put petrol in his car, are you going to give him a 27 minute long video before making him do it?

Due to me not having intricate knowledge of who is who on this wonderful community I accidentally ended up insulting somebody (despite giving him some compliments) and now people take potshots. Some people really do act precious around here!

It might be that the IRs might actually be there but you need to "Refresh" you "Cab definitions" in Axe-edit?

You're welcome.............;)

Wahey! That's more like it! Cheers for the help. Now how do I go about doing that?

Edit: I tried going into Preferences -> Refresh for Preset Names, Cab Names and Block Definitions. No luck.

Last edited:
I would be more concerned that those offering to do it as a 'buddy' move might be more interested in just getting their hands on the IR's.... :D

But I'm old and cynical hehe.
I'd say you are right on the mark with your comments about such an "altruistic gesture". :)

I usually try to be helpful to others and am not normally in the habit insulting others on this board, but...
This thread is the perfect example of how to get ignored. First broadcast to the group, that you are too cheap to spend $30.00 on a reliable solution, insult other board members who try to help you, and ask everyone to spend their own time fixing YOUR cheapness problem, instead of doing something much more worthwhile their time, like mixing killer cab combos and converting wav files like yours by the thousands in Cab Lab 2.

I usually try to be helpful to others and am not normally in the habit insulting others on this board, but...
This thread is the perfect example of how to get ignored. First broadcast to the group, that you are too cheap to spend $30.00 on a reliable solution, insult other board members who try to help you, and ask everyone to spend their own time fixing YOUR cheapness problem, instead of doing something much more worthwhile their time, like mixing killer cab combos and converting wav files like yours by the thousands in Cab Lab 2.

Oh spare me!

You'll notice that when I found out that there was no other option, yeah, I bought Cab Lab. I've converted the files and they're good to go. I think it's pretty crappy of Rosen to advertise that they're AFX ready and for them to not supply files you can just drop in and that you have to buy another program just to convert them. That's not Fractal's fault, that's Rosen.

I insulted one person, by accident, for giving me a 27 minute long answer to a 2 minute procedure. Did we not notice the part where I actually said he was a good presenter? I'm terribly sorry that I'm not grovelling and begging for forgiveness over what is clearly an accidental insult. I'm sure Chris is a big boy and can handle it. Chris posts a smartass video in retaliation. Then people take potshots and wonder why I get even more frustrated and annoyed.

You're cracking me up. You're starting to grow on me. Tried the exact same procedure, and works fine here. No need for "Refreshing". Might be a problem with the original files or the conversion process? My best guess at this point.

Yup. Just tried both of those. No luck at all. U0001 is as empty as the day it arrived. I get messages saying that it's been successful and it looks successful right up to the point where I try to use it.

What about a different user slot? If no joy there, I would contact support.

Another thing is try loading one of the free ir's included with the firmware update into the slot. Those are known working IR's so could eliminate some weird issue in the conversion process.

You're not by chance loading the IR in the "Scratch pad 1" slot?

When you audition an IR it is loaded into S001.......just checking.

Cheers for the suggestions. I've got social things to do right now so I won't be able to test these things until I get back.

I spent the past 10 minutes writing a support ticket to Fractal...only to get a "Internal Server Error"

*twitch*

Back
Top Bottom