Bought Rosen Cabs...Now how do I get them onto the AFX?

Hey guys.

Probably a fairly straightforward question, but Youtube tutorials and google didn't help me.

I've bought a couple of the Rosen cabs. The download is a bunch of Truncated .Wav files.

1) How do I convert these into cabs?
2) How do I get these magical cabs onto the AFX to use with my presets?

Cheers!

The documentation that I got from Rosen said you can do it with Axe-Edit, but I have no idea how to. I'm not too keen on spending 30 bucks for Cab Lab...

Well bugger. Rightio, I'll grab that and see how I go.

I've had 2 people message me and offer to do it for me which I appreciate, but I should learn to do this for myself. Thanks for the offer guys :)

I would be more concerned that those offering to do it as a 'buddy' move might be more interested in just getting their hands on the IR's.... :D

But I'm old and cynical hehe.

Right, so I've converted them to the right file format, but I can't figure out how to get them into the program. Google leads me to old versions of Axe-Edit and the screenshots no longer make sense to me...

I go:
Axe Edit
-> Axe Manage Cabs
-> Right click on U001
-> Import
-> Choose the new cab file (U001 turns red)
-> Click Save (U001 turns green)
-> Close

I assume that would save it into User Cab 1. Then when I try to choose that cab in an cab block, it's not there.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
I assume that would save it into User Cab 1. Then when I try to choose that cab in an amp block, it's not there.

What am I missing?

Assuming that wasn't a typo, you would choose it in the cab block. Also if you are running windows, you can open axe manage cabs and just drag and drop the IR files from windows explorer into the locations you want and then save.

Assuming that wasn't a typo, you would choose it in the cab block. Also if you are running windows, you can open axe manage cabs and just drag and drop the IR files from windows explorer into the locations you want and then save.

That was a typo. Edited now :)

Holy shit. 27 minutes?! Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. I know it's not a 27 minute process. Rightio, time to skim through until I find the 2 minutes that I want...

Edit: This guy is very helpful and enthusiastic and likeable BUT GET ON WITH IT.

Yup, what that guy did is exactly what I did and described above.

Same problem. They're not showing up.

Any ideas?

Edit: For the record, it lets me audition the cabs, so the files are working fine. They're just not appearing in the user cab list after I've imported them.

Last edited:
Holy shit. 27 minutes?! Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. I know it's not a 27 minute process. Rightio, time to skim through until I find the 2 minutes that I want...

Edit: This guy is very helpful and enthusiastic and likeable BUT GET ON WITH IT.

here's a shorter version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsJ5k3_ov10

that "guy" is me. i'm so sorry you had to look for the part that might help you. i think i know the problem, but i wouldn't want to bore you.

As I said: I already followed your instructions and it's still not working. That second link stopped pretty much right when it would have been useful. I can audition the cabs, I save it in U001 and it goes from red to green, I close it and the cabs aren't there. So what am I missing?

For one thing... the ability to say thank you to anyone who has tried to help. I think I'm with Chris on this one.

When I get it working, I'll thank everybody :)

I think we're getting a little bit worked up over nothing here. If I knew he was the guy in the video would I have publicly complained? Probably not. It's not like I spat on his mothers grave here. I said he was enthusiastic and likable, just that a 27 minute video is probably a little bit excessive for what is probably a 2 minute process. I didn't need an in-depth analysis of most of the things Axe-Edit can do. Plus, as best as I can tell, I followed his instructions and it isn't working for some reason.

Rather than complaining about a faux-pas, we could just say:
"Dude, click here"
"Oh. Cool. Cheers"

Problem solved?

Back
Top Bottom