Bought AXE FX 2 returned...not exactly happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we all remember the infamous "there is still something missing compared to the real thing" post from a well-known user, which spawned lots of personal attacks from the pitchfork crowd, until almost 2 firmwares later, Cliff himself admitted making a mistake and that all the time the algorithms indeed weren't working as intended. This basicly restored my faith in the guitar elite. Until that point, I thought that this was all imagination or being pretentious. But this issue convinced me that there are amazing people in this world with a listening capability far beyond what I thought was possible.

Yes I see your point but there are reasons for that defense. Think about this, just for a second. How many Owners/ Companies do we know that admits to their buyers on their own forum after making and selling said product, to any mistakes made ever by them, and then turns around ASAP and fixes them? I think in todays world, not very damn many... That to me, in a nutshell is why the pitchfork crowd does what it does here, and rightfully so. Not that you don't agree, just saying...

Wasn't this just about how UltraRes handled low frequencies? It's not like the entire everything was broken. I don't even use UltraRes so I (and others who don't) weren't even affected at all.
Yes, but what blew my mind about this is how over the course of 2 months, nobody ever noticed there was anything wrong except this one particular person. And the aforementioned pitchfork crowd gave him hell for that. "How dare you questioning my Axe?"
And it's not like nobody used UltraRes at that time. I'd say at least half of the forum already made the switch at that time.

Yes I see your point but there are reasons for that defense. Think about this, just for a second. How many Owners/ Companies do we know that admits to their buyers on their own forum after making and selling said product, to any mistakes made ever by them, and then turns around ASAP and fixes them? I think in todays world, not very damn many... That to me, in a nutshell is why the pitchfork crowd does what it does here, and rightfully so. Not that you don't agree, just saying...
Of course; I totally understand why people get defensive over a product they are passionate about. It's just that sometimes we are quick to jump to the conclusion that something is fraudulent when we haven't seen the whole picture yet.
And I've got a feeling it's getting worse, probably because the community has grown significantly larger over the last years or because more and more of the old issues get sorted out. I don't know.
We should take a step backwards here, imho.

Last edited:
Well I just paid meba bucks for this pitchfork and im going to get all the use out of it I can LOL :)

Yes, but what blew my mind about this is how over the course of 2 months, nobody ever noticed there was anything wrong except this one particular person. And the aforementioned pitchfork crowd gave him hell for that. "How dare you questioning my Axe?"
And it's not like nobody used UltraRes at that time. I'd say at least half of the forum already made the switch at that time.

Of course; I totally understand why people get defensive over a product they are passionate about. It's just that sometimes we are quick to jump to the conclusion that something is fraudulent when we haven't seen the whole picture yet.
And I've got a feeling it's getting worse, probably because the community has grown significantly larger over the last years or because more and more of the old issues get sorted out. I don't know.
We should take a step backwards here, imho.

Where are the "brutal attacks" . Where are the pitchforks?

To disagree with someone is NOT an attack. To say "I think you are wrong" is NOT an attack.

Now to call someone an A**h***, or dirtbag or a moron, etc is a "brutal attack.

You guys equate "difference of opinion with emotion" as an attack.

It's not. And in this thread you are way off base-so why post the "pitchfork" baloney in this thread?

So who's actually wielding the pitchfork?

I've posted about my pedals not working (my fault user error) hi end fizz, my fault user error, ) many more............But I was not "nasty" about it. Didn't blame anyone and I did not get the pitchfork. I got help.

If someone complains in an accusatory nasty tone they may have folks adamantly disagree with them - still not brutal. I am not saying it "never" happens. But it is not the norm as you and a few others always seem to jump in and state.

It's the exception.

If you don't see that, well.................you just don't want to I guess.

When it comes to Customer service and honesty -as in this thread.......... yes, we all know better about FAS and that will meet with some "disagreement for sure.

I have never, ever had a refund on my credit card post immediately. It never happens, no matter who is issuing the refund. Cliff is exactly right. This is simply how credit card companies work. This is in no way Fractal Audio's fault. It's a shame that this kind of negativity is being displayed toward Fractal.
We run a large e-commerce site for a government agency and have to process refunds from time to time. We tell customers that it will take 7-10 days to show up on their cards. At a hotel I was just staying at they had a sign that said if you used a debit card to book in, the hold could take up to a month to get released!

What can we say? The estrogen level gets a little high here after a week or so without new firmware revisions; so shoot us.

I was just responding to this far too common( and incorrect) response - nothing more.......no shots will be fired..........did that for 19 months :)

Last edited:
I will say after I blow $2k on Axe, I will be on the rag for sometime afterward and of course
I will take out my anguish on here,lol. I'll need the Super XL tampoon all month!

The thing is, people think because the Axe FX II is a pro gear solution that if you buy one you must also be on a certain level.... sadly the reality is, that most guitar players are just arrogant obnoxious meme's with no clue how anything works.

Dont agree? Spend an afternoon in a guitar retail store and watch how stupid people can be while at the same time acting like they know it all.

It's not. And in this thread you are way off base-so why post the "pitchfork" baloney in this thread?
I just added my view to this discussion since the initial thread topic has already been resolved, so everything beyond that is off-topic anyway. Because that's what people do in forums... they discuss stuff.

And the personal attacks are there, definitely. Certainly not in every post, but definitely some. Just look into the random "Axe vs Kemper"-thread of your choice and you've seen it all. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to this than you? Everyone has a different view on what is aggressive and what not, after all.

I had to look up "baloney" since I'm not a native english speaker. The first thing that came up was "Fleischwurst", which means pork sausage in german. Which gave "pitchfork baloney" a neat sexual undertone.

Last edited:
The thing is, people think because the Axe FX II is a pro gear solution that if you buy one you must also be on a certain level.... sadly the reality is, that most guitar players are just arrogant obnoxious meme's with no clue how anything works.

Dont agree? Spend an afternoon in a guitar retail store and watch how stupid people can be while at the same time acting like they know it all.

...and then there's the customers!

[Sarcasm] (Though a true story)

I returned some (unopened and unused) lights and a lighting truss to Guitar Center and it took 3 days for it to repost to my account even though I had the return receipt in my hand and watched the guy run my card through the machine at GC.

I think I'll start a thread in two months to rip on GC over it. Bastards.

[/Sarcasm]

Sigh.

@ZW & BDK

I don't understand you guys at all? really don't. You really do not get it at all......................................You can have the last word(s) as you seem to have a need for.

Bye

@ZW & BDK

I don't understand you guys at all? really don't. You really do not get it at all......................................You can have the last word(s) as you seem to have a need for.

Bye

Hmmm....I think I've already said everything I needed to...

-The faithful are too unquestioning in their defense of Fractal (check)
-Cliff did a nice job of responding to this one. Hey, turns out he can defend himself! (check)
-Cozumel rocks (check)
-Stratman finds this all very upsetting (check)

Nope, I'm good! Thanks.

Sure, but why post about it? I'll ask the OP again: what are you hoping to accomplish from this thread? You got your money back. You're not longer an owner. Is it to warn people off? Vent? Get a little righteous comeuppance?

There's not real reason to post this, as it's posted. Certainly not here.

This is an important and appreciated reminder to use the word "comeuppance" on a more regular basis.

Hats off, iaresee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom