Bought AXE FX 2 returned...not exactly happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys and your knee-jerk reactions defending Fractal are facepalm-worthy. 3 out of 4 of the first responses are blind defenses of Fractal. I love Fractal as much as the next guy - I've had an Ultra, a II, an FX8, and an MFC - but Fractal is not perfect, I'm sure they screw up from time to time like most other humans. It might be good to understand more about the situation before blindly rushing to Fractal's defense. It's a theme that's repeated time and again on this forum.

o964F8H.gif

Not perfect? Mere Human???

Oh wow - how insensitive ;-)

Thanks
Pauly

You guys and your knee-jerk reactions defending Fractal are facepalm-worthy. 3 out of 4 of the first responses are blind defenses of Fractal. I love Fractal as much as the next guy - I've had an Ultra, a II, an FX8, and an MFC - but Fractal is not perfect, I'm sure they screw up from time to time like most other humans. It might be good to understand more about the situation before blindly rushing to Fractal's defense. It's a theme that's repeated time and again on this forum.

All of this is a blatant lie. Stranger still is that this transpired back in May. On May 4th the OP requested an RMA and was granted one on May 5th. The unit was received on May 11th. On May 12th his refund was granted. Here is the transaction:

05/12/2015 10:51AM CREDIT $2,499.95 MasterCard ************9259
AuthCode 90531Z
TransID 7171637029

The OP then contacted us saying he hadn't received his refund. We told him that this is common as the credit card companies tend to sit on refunds so they can collect interest (the issuing bank is Citibank and they are among the worst in this regard). He said he would wait seven days and we never heard from him again.

This is brilliant, if more businesses took bullshit complainers to task like this there would be much more time spent getting things right in the first place instead of having to deal with idiots who think the world owes them something.

In all seriousness though - It sure sounds like another stab at Fractal. Been a lot lately and we keep falling for it.

Pauly

In all seriousness though - It sure sounds like another stab at Fractal.

Yes it does, and Cliff debunked it nicely. My issue is that it seems to be very difficult to post a beef about Fractal on here - even a legitimate one - without calling down hellfire upon oneself. In order to complain about something, you must be a longtime forum member, with a suitably high post count, and you must express your complaint in the politest of terms, couched in effusive praise ("I absolutely adore all things Fractal, BUT I have this one teensy issue, please don't be mad..."). Noobs regularly get flamed around here for violating these edicts, and I think it's something we could improve upon.

On an unrelated note, I am currently on a diving trip in Cozumel, and the mellowness of my vibe is un-harsh-able. If my latest post brings about a round of additional vitriol, the margarita-induced haze may delay my responses somewhat.

Yes it does, and Cliff debunked it nicely. My issue is that it seems to be very difficult to post a beef about Fractal on here - even a legitimate one - without calling down hellfire upon oneself. In order to complain about something, you must be a longtime forum member, with a suitably high post count, and you must express your complaint in the politest of terms, couched in effusive praise ("I absolutely adore all things Fractal, BUT I have this one teensy issue, please don't be mad..."). Noobs regularly get flamed around here for violating these edicts, and I think it's something we could improve upon.

On an unrelated note, I am currently on a diving trip in Cozumel, and the mellowness of my vibe is un-harsh-able. If my latest post brings about a round of additional vitriol, the margarita-induced haze may delay my responses somewhat.

I have sweet memories of the pina coladas in Cozumel. It's a miracle I even have memories at all.

You have a point. I also have a feeling that the community has become pretty brutal about any negative oppinion expressed these days. Regardless of valid or invalid.

I guess we all remember the infamous "there is still something missing compared to the real thing" post from a well-known user, which spawned lots of personal attacks from the pitchfork crowd, until almost 2 firmwares later, Cliff himself admitted making a mistake and that all the time the algorithms indeed weren't working as intended.

This basicly restored my faith in the guitar elite. Until that point, I thought that this was all imagination or being pretentious. But this issue convinced me that there are amazing people in this world with a listening capability far beyond what I thought was possible.

This was not a legitimate beef with anything Fractal has done. The post that started this thread is the very definition of "stirring up shit". It serves no purpose other than to try and damage Fractal. There's nothing here for M@ or Cliff to help solve (and we know that this is a company that does try to right any wrongs, ill-perceived or otherwise), nothing for the community to aid with. It all happened so far in the past to make it all seem even more absurd and obtuse. Can you imagine, two months on, still being pissed enough about a refund delay that you'd post an vague and obscure post like this on a manufacturers forum? That's an unhealthy level of obsession IMO.

If this is your poster thread for people behaving badly I think you've chosen poorly. Maybe it's the margaritas?

...have a feeling that the community has become pretty brutal about any negative oppinion expressed these days. Regardless of valid or invalid.
i still say that most minority or opposing viewpoints here are addressed thoughtfully (yes, I'm defending; call that knee-jerk if you wish, it's just a viewpoint that's different from yours). Sure, some folks jump on others once in a while, but that happens everywhere.

And remember that this community has been sorely baited recently—the OP in this thread is just the most recent example. The first few responses were even-handed defenses of Fractal, and they were immediately accused of knee jerking. People read that unfair accusation, and it gets them to thinking that there's a pitchfork-and-fanboy problem here. The accusation becomes popular knowledge, all by itself. The next bait-and-response situation just reinforces that false notion.

This was not a legitimate beef with anything Fractal has done....
If this is your poster thread for people behaving badly I think you've chosen poorly. Maybe it's the margaritas?

Never said this particular beef was legit, never said Fractal did anything wrong...only that it would be worth asking a few questions and understanding the situation before we break out the pitchforks. Reading comprehension not a strong suit? At least I have the margaritas as my excuse.

Now I must go and trade my flame suit for a swim suit; the coral reefs beckon. Y'all enjoy.

Last edited:
Never said this particular beef was legit, never said Fractal did anything wrong...only that it would be worth asking a few questions and understanding the situation before we break out the pitchforks. Reading comprehension not a strong suit? At least I have the margaritas as my excuse...

You pick this thread to air your grievances with the community at large and it's completely reasonable to think you're referring to the thread you're posting in when you say "legitimate beef". Context is everything and my reading comprehension is top notch, thanks.

until almost 2 firmwares later, Cliff himself admitted making a mistake and that all the time the algorithms indeed weren't working as intended.

Wasn't this just about how UltraRes handled low frequencies? It's not like the entire everything was broken. I don't even use UltraRes so I (and others who don't) weren't even affected at all.

Credit Card companies can and do hold funds after a purchase return, for their own protection (funds are frozen until the deal is processed or canceled thru the banking system) and so that idiots with credit cards can NOT exceed their own credit limit (and stupidity in the process). But the real question for me is this, and it bears repeating here because of the importance of Fractals good name if nothing else. Has any one here EVER heard of Fractal keeping some ones money after a new product (in good shape) was returned? Anyone?... Ever?

What I thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom