Bought another 2X12 today and I am quite suprised.

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I have been a Recto 2X12 fan for a long long time and that has been my cab of choice when going 2X12.
I wanted to mix it up a bit and see how much more of a "Marshall" type of tone I could get out of my Marshall based patches,
so fortunately I found a Marshall 1936 2X12 on GC's used website for dirt cheap.
It arrived today and I must say the blend of the GT-75's with the Mesa V30's sounds absolutely great.
they seem to balance each other off with their respective frequency spreads. I had been using a GEQ in
a lot of my patches to knock down the mids a bit
through my JSX out to the Recto but with the 1936 mixed in the GEQ settings are much more "slight".
I am not much of a GT-75 fan (don't like the 1960 4X12's much) but mixed in with the darker Mesa V30's
seems to be a winning combination.
Even running the JSX stand alone (as a full amp) sounds better. the JSX has a very pronounced upper mid "spot" that is
fairly easy to dial out with a 10 band GEQ in the loop but with the mix of the 2 cabs I don't even need it.
A very pleasant surprise and nice addition to my little rig for short cash :mrgreen
I'm surprised the 1960 4X12's don't come stock like this in an X pattern with these 2 speakers.
Now I'm wondering if the G12-65's may even be sweeter ,may need to track a pair of those down.

I used to have V30`s and Greenbacks. Sounds sweet. Strange that no manufacturer makes these combinations stock.

IR's? they are 2 separate cabs? IR's of each cab?
hmm I've never done this before , I'm going to have to watch a video on how to do it
Friedman cabs also mix V30's on the bottom and Greenbacks on top in their 4X12's (I believe)
which I don't get because wouldn't the V30's completely over power the Greenbacks?

Greenbacks are smoother imho. I allways had those on top.

There are companies putting this configuration out, but none of the ones you find in every shop and on almost every stage.

Back
Top Bottom