Bought an Axe Fx II, Kept it, not exactly happy....

guitarmike

Experienced
Because I have been asked to set in with some friends this Friday and I'll have to use the provided Marshall and can't use my axe; which, by the way, sounds better than my own Marshall which, by the way, sounds exquisite.

So...I'll be playing through a marshall dsl combo. Got news for you, the axe II blows this thing away on every possible front. This real tube amp is not even in the same universe. I am spoiled. And while I'm on my high horse, those of you who can't get exquisite sounds and feel out of the fractal,...well its on you bud; it damn sure isn't the Fractal's fault. As a matter of fact, I would have to say that the feel of the axe may be what I miss the most when playing through this real tube amp. The fractal feels better, sounds better, and is more organic and alive than this reel tube amp. I really am amazed at how much better the Fractal is. That's my review.

So...I'll be playing through a marshall dsl combo. Got news for you, the axe II blows this thing away on every possible front. This real tube amp is not even in the same universe. I am spoiled. And while I'm on my high horse, those of you who can't get exquisite sounds and feel out of the fractal,...well its on you bud; it damn sure isn't the Fractal's fault. As a matter of fact, I would have to say that the feel of the axe may be what I miss the most when playing through this real tube amp. The fractal feels better, sounds better, and is more organic and alive than this reel tube amp. I really am amazed at how much better the Fractal is. That's my review.

Amen!

I really have no idea at all what these 'unsatisfied' people are doing to get their 'unsatisfactory' results???

When I first used my Axe FX II XL+, I had a shade of skepticism/objective-mindset about it. I was totally prepared to A/B it with my scratch built Orange (which is EXTREMELY touch-sensitive - by design), and after beating on the 'Hipower Brilliant' patch for about five minutes at moderate (90dB-A) volume I saw no point in even bothering with the side-by-side comparison: the Axe FX was good (t00by) enough! I was astonished!

PS. Don't kill them - play everything with slide, slightly flat.

*1 :eagerness:

Amen!

I really have no idea at all what these 'unsatisfied' people are doing to get their 'unsatisfactory' results???

When I first used my Axe FX II XL+, I had a shade of skepticism/objective-mindset about it. I was totally prepared to A/B it with my scratch built Orange (which is EXTREMELY touch-sensitive - by design), and after beating on the 'Hipower Brilliant' patch for about five minutes at moderate (90dB-A) volume I saw no point in even bothering with the side-by-side comparison: the Axe FX was good (t00by) enough! I was astonished!

PS. Don't kill them - play everything with slide, slightly flat.

happycritter - Love the slide suggestion; especially playing slightly flat. Haha. Just perfect!

Cheers,

Lee

(I never thought Amy Winehouse would somehow fit in an AxeFx discussion, but I'm often wrong)
I think Amy Winehouse would actually also fit inside an AxeFx in her current state. ;)

And before the piety-whiteknights chime in: if you sing about not going to rehab and then die by overdose, you've opened yourself up to all kinds of black humor.

Back
Top Bottom