Bought a RCF Art 412a today

666was999

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,
Went to my local dealer today. They have the whole RCF Art line ready to audition.
Didn't want to play guitar while listening, since the signal would change then. Listened to a song of Toto, always the same for all cabs.
Started with the 310a wich I own since around one year, so I was able to compare with something I know.
I didn't like the 312a, it sounded kind of loudness-EQd, loud lows, loud highs, but where are the mids?
The 410a didn't make a big step ahead compared to the 310a, a bit less mids and a bit more/deeper lows, but not that much.
I must say that the 310a is outstanding for its power, size, weight and price.
The 412a sounded even fatter and fuller, but still unhyped, flat?
The 422 somehow (I hoped to hear some great highs) didn't deliver fresh highs for me, somehow booring highs, surprise!
The 712a didn't sound that much different from the 412a to pay more money for it. Ok, it delivers 700watts instead of 400watts.
I then checked if some other brands have better stuff. A Yamaha 12" sounded nice at first, but it seemed to distort a bit in the low mids, wich got better when I cut out some lows, seems that it couldn't handle bass and mids at same time.
A JBL PRX 612m did a really good job. Soundwise I could have preferred it over the RCF 412, but the 412 is a bit cheaper here in Germany, 700 for the 412, 950 for the JBL. (NX12 SMA 1400 here at the moment, had been 1100 before the hype started.

At home the 412a connected to the AxeII sounded just awesome, very much like a guitar amp, with dry and deep lows, not boomy at all, dry and clear mids and highs. Great! Compared to the 310 the mids and highs are very similar, but the 412 sounds bigger and delivers these lows.

As always, my personel taste, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom