Bought a Boss EV-5 - but it only turns down the volume?!

Jarle

Hi all,
New to FX8. But I purchased a Boss EV-5, calibrated, and I've added a Wah block, that I want to use it for. Alas, the only respons I get when using EV-5, is the volume level... What am I doing wrong? Can't figure this thing out... Something about midi/EXP1? But I can't find it in the FX8...
Hopefully you can help - as I've got a big gig coming up - and I really need the wah...
regards,

Jarle
Denmark

Is the minimal volume setting on the side of the EV-5 turned all the way down?

If not do that then re-calibrate the pedal

Hi all,
New to FX8. But I purchased a Boss EV-5, calibrated, and I've added a Wah block, that I want to use it for. Alas, the only respons I get when using EV-5, is the volume level... What am I doing wrong? Can't figure this thing out... Something about midi/EXP1? But I can't find it in the FX8...
Hopefully you can help - as I've got a big gig coming up - and I really need the wah...
regards,

Jarle
Denmark
Are you attaching the expression pedal to the CONTROL parameter in the Wah block?

To use one expression pedal to control volume and wah in a preset, you'll need to use a volume block along with the wah block. Use scenes to have the volume and wah blocks on/off as needed. If the volume block is on with the wah, it will continue to increase and decrease volume as you use the pedal. Same thing will happen if you're using Global volume.

Thanks! The wah now works, but the Ev-500H (my bad), still turns down the volume... Pretty. And I've read the manual...

Thanks! The wah now works, but the Ev-500H (my bad), still turns down the volume... Pretty. And I've read the manual...
In the I/O CTRL menu in setup, are any of the first Volume items set to Pedal?

There is a section near the end of the manual that explains setting up a Volume pedal too.

Last edited:
check the defaults. i think external 1 is attached to master volume by default. (it is on all the other units).

Back
Top Bottom