Boston's Foreplay/Longtime Quantum 1.02 Tone Test

I saw them in concert in 78ish. Brad couldn't hit those notes... I chalk it up to a bad day because I've seen YouTube footage where he does hit those notes.

The first album was a little more raw, by the second they had that polished sound that I didn't care for as much....

I Found the multi-track mogg files online. the clip has no original guitars in it! (exept those sliding/echoing parts during the quiet part, those were in the keyboard track) I played along in that part using scene #5.

As with all mogg files from video games there are some condensing of tracks. Later in this song during the 3rd solo the rhythm guitar parts show up in the keyboard track. That is why I chose not to include that portion of the song. I wanted an accurate test.

Moke, if you're interested, I have the full 25-track... much better separation.

Great job, Moke! Tom Scholz would be proud. Not gonna lie...every time I hear Brad Delp's voice, it makes me melancholy now. One of the greatest of rock history.

This inspired me to create a Boston patch. Try it out. Might work in a mix but sound good in front of me
That is a great sounding preset!.......but it doesn't sound like 'Scholz' all that much to me....o_O

I still have my original Rockman (that I modified to take a 1/4" headphone jack years ago, and never had another audio cut out), and your patch sounds loads better to my old ears. Evidently my pups on my Carvin and my low end powered monitors blend in an effective way. Haha. What luck!

They have the backing track on youtube so I tried it out. I can't believe how accurate this is. Huge thanks, could never have come up with this.

They have the backing track on youtube so I tried it out. I can't believe how accurate this is. Huge thanks, could never have come up with this.
Thanks sheky, like I said before.....alone it sounds pretty harsh, but in the mix it sounds pretty darn good if I do say so myself (even though Cliff really did all the hard work)

Back
Top Bottom