Boston's - Foreplay/Longtime live at the 'House of Blues'

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Warning....cellphone video from the front row...;) But I thought some of you might get a kick out of this.

This is a fan video of my band 'Roughhouse', from our June 10th, 2017 show at the 'House of Blues' in Anaheim, California.

I'm using my 'Foreplay-Longtime' preset direct. No back-line. Just using the house floor-wedges and side-fills. There is obviously a backing track.

We are using our Behringer XR-18 mixer to sub-mix ourselves. Just sending a Stereo mix and 3 monitor mixes to the Front of House.

Great rendition......You really nailed that one Moke....both sound and playing.
And Your buddies did well too.

I think You just sold me another preset.

Søren

Playing pool in the basement of my friends house, back in 1976, my friend turned to me and said "do you want to hear a new album?" He pulled a vinyl record from the sleeve, set it on his older brothers Sansui turntable, picked up the diamond tipped needle and carefully placed it on the outer edge of the vinyl record. He reached over and turned the volume up on the Sansui amp. and what I heard next coming out of the Cerwin Vega speakers, absolutely blew me away...from start to finish and defined my taste in music from that moment on. It was Boston's first album. Here we are 41 years later and it still sounds as awesome as it did the first time I heard it.

@Moke. that was an absolutely fantastic cover of a timeless classic!!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Last edited:
Great rendition......You really nailed that one Moke....both sound and playing.
And Your buddies did well too.

I think You just sold me another preset.

Søren
Just so you know, that tone isn't very kind on the ears out of context. Sounds great in the mix though. I have a high shelf filter on the 2 mixer channels for my Axe-Fx II set at about 7 KHz, and -5 dB. everything else flat.

Playing pool in the basement of my friends house, back in 1976. My friend turned to me and said "do you want to hear a new album?" He pulled a vinyl record from the sleeve, set it on his older brothers Sansui turntable, picked up the diamond tipped needle and carefully placed it on the outer edge of the vinyl record. He reached over and turned the volume up on the Sansui amp. and what I heard next coming out of the Cerwin Vega speakers, absolutely blew me away...from start to finish and defined my taste in music from that moment on. It was Boston's first album. Here we are 41 years later and it still sounds as awesome as it did the first time I heard it.

@Moke. that was an absolutely fantastic cover of a timeless classic!!! Thanks for sharing!! :)
Thank you.

Reactions: JT2
Back
Top Bottom