Boston tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible thing. No info yet, obviously. But I have a gut feeling that this was domestic. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, it's very sad.

Rest in peace and all the best for the poor people affected by this horrible tragedy. I hope all of you guys and your families are alright!

My thoughts and prayers are also there. I lived in Boston for 10 years and went to the Boston Conservatory to study classical guitar. I've walked up and down Boylston St countless times and had so many great times around that area. It's heart breaking what happened today. Bostonians' are strong people and will get through this. Thoughts and prayers for the victims and all that were there and had to go through this horrific event.

Terrible. Just terrible. What did that 8 years old kid did to anyone? I hope they catch the bastard who did it, and string him up on the nearest tree. This is one of those cases where death penalty is not only appropriate, but necessary.

Feeling pretty fortunate that I did not work out of my company's Boston office today....

Hearing about a little boy losing his leg in the blast.....man, what the f'ck is wrong with people.

I had some family members that were near the finish line where the explosions occurred ......they had literally left about 5 minutes before the explosions happened. Very thankful that they are ok .....and very saddened for the many who were injured during this senseless act.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those individuals and their families.

Terrible. Just terrible. What did that 8 years old kid did to anyone? I hope they catch the bastard who did it, and string him up on the nearest tree. This is one of those cases where death penalty is not only appropriate, but necessary.

While I sympathize deeply, deeply, deeply, I must point out that our drone stikes have killed SCORES of innocent '8 year old kids'. Just last week, four adorable dead Afghan children, killed by hellfire missiles, were laid out for all to see. Nameless, faceless death from above: What is the difference, morally? Violence begets violence. Shooting a missile at a 'signature' (a group of people whose behavior is supposedly suspicious - with NO positive ID of a terrorist) is morally the same as a pipe bomb. Wedding parties, funerals, birthdays, all sorts of innocent people have been killed at these events, ARE being killed by our drones in acts of terror (please note that I am NOT condemning targeted strikes against known terrorists - only these 'signature' strikes). Somehow, Americans don't relate to the mayhem being done to innocents in our name. I have been watching it, reading about it, and finding it impossible to distinguish between it and a car bomb or pipe bomb. It is ALL IMMORAL. My heart goes out to the people of Boston, and those around the world, who suffer needless death and dismemberment at the hands of individuals, non-aligned groups, and governments (including ours) the world over. There MUST be a way to evolve beyond senseless violence.

Last edited:
Now the White House says it was an terrorist act...terrorist or not if they act like cowards they deserve to die like cowards...

Now the White House says it was an terrorist act...terrorist or not if they act like cowards they deserve to die like cowards...

Is launching a missile at a crowd of innocent people from 30,000 feet bravery? I can tell you that the entire world sees the drone strikes as a) terrorism b) utter cowardice.

Is launching a missile at a crowd of innocent people from 30,000 feet bravery? I can tell you that the entire world sees the drone strikes as a) terrorism b) utter cowardice.

There are times when opinions even if felt strongly about are just inappropriate. Like yours at this particular time. Pathetic!

Last edited:
Feel really terrible for the families who lost dear ones in this tragedy.
Makes me sick when people use threads like this to make a political point.
No matter what point it might be...

Not sure why a thread like this on a NON POLITICAL forum, can't stay that way. I'm with the op and my heart is heavy for people affected by this. There are places to spew political rhetoric and this ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom