Boston / Tom Scholz Presets for III?

spagthorpe

Power User
I've gone back through some of the ones I found for the II, and have not had much luck. I converted them using FracTool, but results haven't been good. Two of them, I get no audio on, even though one of them shows levels all the way through. The other stops at the drive block, and I've not figured out how to make it work through the settings.

Some others I checked out, have tone blocks, but the tones in them are just flat, so maybe there is something to the translation. The way they come out, they don't sound right. I'll probably get to where I can do my own tone match or something, but I'm not there yet with the unit.

Has anyone worked out a good preset for this type of sound?

Thanks.

Couple EQ references that might be interesting to experiment with...

ADA MPQ-1 "-Boston- Curve" Preset: Gain:2dB, 40Hz:0dB, 63Hz:3, 100Hz:4, 160Hz:5, 250Hz:6, 400Hz:0, 630Hz:-3, 1KHz:-3, 1.6KHz:-3, 2.5KH:0, 4KHz:3, 6.3KHz:4, 10KHz:6, 16KHz:6

Pic of Scholz's eq settings

Mxr_Settings.jpeg

Couple EQ references that might be interesting to experiment with...

ADA MPQ-1 "-Boston- Curve" Preset: Gain:2dB, 40Hz:0dB, 63Hz:3, 100Hz:4, 160Hz:5, 250Hz:6, 400Hz:0, 630Hz:-3, 1KHz:-3, 1.6KHz:-3, 2.5KH:0, 4KHz:3, 6.3KHz:4, 10KHz:6, 16KHz:6

Pic of Scholz's eq settings

Mxr_Settings.jpeg
The numbers you listed seem to be total contradiction to what that EQ picture looks like... Unless that ADA unit has an odd method for setting values?

The numbers you listed seem to be total contradiction to what that EQ picture looks like... Unless that ADA unit has an odd method for setting values?

Not sure if the ADA EQ is different, but that is the factory ADA MQ-1 "Boston Curve" preset. Maybe meant to tame an MP-1.

Back
Top Bottom