Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
How many of you guys are using the Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander, and how do you like it, or recommend something else?

In particular how well does it work as an attenuator?

Can you use it for IR capture like you can the x-load, and if so how well does it work for this?

Are any of you using an Axe FX in it's effects loop and how well does that work?

How well does it work for a reactive load for a Marshall Plexi, and using the Axe FX IRs?

Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander

Last edited:
Well nobody in the US I suspect. Am I right in saying this product only works in 230/240V electricity mains supply countries?

I got the bug to pickup a couple of tube amps in the past year and I picked up a Waza TAE to run them through, I dig it I dont run my Axe through the loop, it doesn't capture IR's I dont really need it to though. I like the fact that the level is linear and not notched like the Ox.

IMG-9451.jpg

I have switched back to using real pedals/amps/cabs live this year and it works great. I have tried many amps through it and no issues with any thus far. I ran my 1971 SuperBass into it and handled it fine.

I originally purchased it for silent profiling and who knew I would put the modeling/profiling rigs aside and go back to using real amps. That may change tomorrow, but it is what I am using right now. It is a wonderful time to be a musician with all of the options available today.

I have settled on a two rock classic reverb signature head and use it to go directly to FOH. With the secret "line in" on the ox amp I was able to capture some 2x12 boutique IR's that work better for me vs the TAE stock IR's. The TAE also powers a two-rock 1x12.

I couldn't be happier and my bandmates agree.

Back
Top Bottom