Hey all, I'm a little back and forth on where to go and have been reading but am completely new to this thing and confused. I know this has been covered a bunch, I've searched around, but the Waza Expander is what's not clear to me. If I missed it, I'm sorry, I did try to look though.

I have a Waza Expander and saw that someone on here uses one as their power amp, which is good to hear. I don't recall it being considered very powerful though so how limited will I be to try and push two 16ohm cabs with it? One cab? Is it crazy to think it'll get even one loud enough to comfortably play with a loud metal drummer? I use it constantly and would like to continue to be able to with the Axe if I can. It makes a fine load box doesn't it?

Would a guitar head be a better choice? Or am I best off by buying a power amp? I like the idea of being able to do stereo but it's not crucial or anything. I was going to grab the Duncan Powerstage 170 but realized that it won't do stereo and I wonder how it'd push a 16ohm cab. I'm stuck in my cab ways for now but I plan on trying the Friedman ASM or something similar after I try this stuff first.

How many watts should I look for to push 2 16ohm cabs at say 100 watts each, if I were to get a power amp? 1000 SS watts in the ballpark?

Thanks all!

I dont think you want the WAZA as a basic amp, no. Although I think it’ll work as one, its a tremendous waste of resources if you’re not running an actual guitar amp thru it as designed. If you want to save cash, look for power amp options. I remember picking up an old Ashly power amp years ago used for dirt cheap and I had no problems with the sound.

It works great as a power amp and is plenty loud. I play harder rock in a band and use it regularly with my Axe III also. I run the III it into the return of the Waza and turn off the cabs running it to my 212 cab. I've tested the Axe III/Waza against my JP-2C into the same cab and it had no problem keeping up and being very loud. No issues. I use it for all of my gigs with my amp. It is a great backup for me. If the amp goes down, then I can simply run from my MS-3 as a pre-amp into the Waza return and am good to go.

It works great as a power amp and is plenty loud. I play harder rock in a band and use it regularly with my Axe III also. I run the III it into the return of the Waza and turn off the cabs running it to my 212 cab. I've tested the Axe III/Waza against my JP-2C into the same cab and it had no problem keeping up and being very loud. No issues. I use it for all of my gigs with my amp. It is a great backup for me. If the amp goes down, then I can simply run from my MS-3 as a pre-amp into the Waza return and am good to go.

That's good to hear. I really want to use the Waza as it has been an incredibly useful tool with my amps. The Axe won't be here for a couple more days but I'll use it and not have to wait on something else to come, thank you! Hopefully I can hook it up properly. Haha.

Honestly, I'm playing the Waza with my amps more these days then the Axe III. The III is great but the setup with both of my amps sounds so nice when recording.

Honestly, I'm playing the Waza with my amps more these days then the Axe III. The III is great but the setup with both of my amps sounds so nice when recording.
take a line out of the waza into the fractal (input 2). Bring up a blank preset and instantiate a cab block. Route inputs one and two to this cab block. Now bring up the same amp sim in the fractal you have connected to the Waza. This is the method I use to dial in my fractal amp sims. They are surprisingly accurate to the point I forget which is which in a recording

Back
Top Bottom