Boss SY-1 Synth Pedal [Edit: incl. Simeon’s presets]

Dunconia

Inspired
I really dig what I see about this pedal. Definitely does some things my Axe FX 3 doesn’t do. Anyone planning on getting this to drop in one of the AFX loops?

You'd be surprised at what the III is capable of. Just try some of Simeon's synth presets. But definitely not "turn-key". That's why I have the Boss pedal on order.

I migrated some of Simeon's stuff (the ones I particularly liked) to the III. I can post them if @simeon agrees.
I know that another forum member also translated Simeon's presets to the III but I have not tried those.

Last edited:
The Boss pedal sounds great at the stock settings. It would be nice to have such great sounds available without the heavy tweaking.

The Boss pedal sounds great at the stock settings. It would be nice to have such great sounds available without the heavy tweaking.

Absolutely.

However, switching the Boss pedal between modes is not that much different from switching between presets.

Absolutely.

However, switching the Boss pedal between modes is not that much different from switching between presets.
Right, but better with an FC. Boss pedal lacks midi. Need to tonematch that pedal I think!

i did upload all of my available presets to my site after converting them with fractool. follow the link below the banner in my sig. if they don't seem to be working very well (i have no way to test them) let us know here and yek can post the ones he's managed to convert successfully.

Here is my selection of Simon’s presets, migrated to (and optimized for) Axe-Fx III. Mostly synth and a couple of others.

If you find the presets useful, donate in return for Simon’s great work:
http://simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/blocks.html

If the preset title contains "pedal", it means that some parameter is controlled with External 1 (pedal).

If the preset title contains "st", it means that the preset is setup for stereo output.

If the preset title contains "cab", it means that the preset uses an user cab in the Cab block or IR Player block. Use this one

Attachments

• SIM - Ambient Looper pedal st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 133
  • SIM - Blade Runner st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 123
  • SIM - Cello cab st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 134
  • SIM - Feedback Sim pedal.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 123
  • SIM - Horn Lead st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 127
  • SIM - Minimoog A-min st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 125
  • SIM - Moog Lead pedal st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 132
  • SIM - Rich Ambient 5ths st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 127
  • SIM - Sequenced Fiter st pedal.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 131
  • SIM - Sitar cab.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
More:

Attachments

• SIM - Squelchy Bass 8ths st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 97
  • SIM - Steel Guitar pedal st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 105
  • SIM - Storm pedal st.syx
  • SIM - Synth Strings st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 110
  • SIM - Swoop up.syx
  • SIM - Synthy lead st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 103
  • SIM - Taurus synth st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 101
  • SIM - Theremin pedal st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 100
  • SIM - Tom Sawyer Intro st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 119
  • SIM - Vangelis pedal st.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 107
The Sequenced Filter preset is one of my favorites.

@simeon, are there “essential” presets in your collection, not attached above, that in your opinion should be included?

Last edited:
The Sequenced Filter preset is one of my favorites.

@simeon, are there “essential” presets in your collection, not attached above, that in your opinion should be included?

i like these ones...

supermoog filtatron
analog horn ensemble
gr-300
metal chambers
moog lead
moog superlead
synth strings

you might have already included some of these, as you've changed some the names slightly

Ah yes, some are already attached. I’ll add the others. Metal chambers will be a challenge, because it sounds very “off” after conversion and I have no idea how it should sound. :)

And some more.

Attachments

• 271_SIM - Metal Chambers s.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 270_SIM - SuperMoog Filtatron s.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 269_SIM - GR-300 s.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 268_SIM - Moog SuperLead p s.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 267_SIM - Horn Ensemble A-Maj s.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 91
I’ll have to check some of these out. One I am pretty impressed with from the Boss videos is the organ. Any good replications of an organ?

I’ll have to check some of these out. One I am pretty impressed with from the Boss videos is the organ. Any good replications of an organ?

M@ (Matt Picone) did a nice organ patch for the II some years back. using pitch shifters to create the harmonics, i think. no idea if he ever ported it over to the III though

@yek, i see you figured out metal chambers. what was messing up the preset?

Mainly it’s the changes (firmware 3.02 and later) to the levels of the Drive blocks. Also noise triggering the synths. Overall the conversion works fine.

Back
Top Bottom