Boss OC-3 type of fx

Mat

Hi guys, I use a lot my Boss Oc3 with both acoustic and electric guitar. This pedal has a selective octave mode (poly mode) that apply the octave fx only on the E and A strings leaving the other 4 strings unaffected. So... Does someone know how to achive the same result with the Axe3? Thank you for the help. 👍

Ok. I'll try this option and see what happens.
Or I could use a crossover and pitch block together block and split the frequencies.But probably the pitch follower option seems to be more immediate. Thank you again.

I made a patch on the IIXL that did what you want & you can actually set at which note the cross between Bass & Guitar happens. Use the pitch Follower with the Oct div, although perhaps the Virtual Capo might be worth a shot as it seems to track pretty well.. tie the pitch follower to the mix and then it’s just a matter of setting the modifier settings for your cutoff points and how much bass/guitar mix ya want on the low strings (if any) I like a little bit of a mix myself.
I also had done it the other way with using crossovers and low pass EQ’s dual routing etc.. but the pitch followed is the better & much easier way with better results.

Btw, I loved that effect but had it on the Boss GTx multi fx units. The 6,8,10, & 100. You can play a little bass line and then jam a line or two of lead, kind of one man jam it.. lotta fun.

Reactions: Mat
I made a patch on the IIXL that did what you want & you can actually set at which note the cross between Bass & Guitar happens. Use the pitch Follower with the Oct div, although perhaps the Virtual Capo might be worth a shot as it seems to track pretty well.. tie the pitch follower to the mix and then it’s just a matter of setting the modifier settings for your cutoff points and how much bass/guitar mix ya want on the low strings (if any) I like a little bit of a mix myself.
I also had done it the other way with using crossovers and low pass EQ’s dual routing etc.. but the pitch followed is the better & much easier way with better results.
Super cool!!!!! 👍👍👍

Assigning pitch follower to pitch mix won't isolate the lowest note(s) of a chord. You might get something usable with Octave Divider type since it's more like a monophonic synth, but that can get glitchy. If octave divider on the III supports local detection, low-passing the signal around 150 Hz or lower before the pitch block might help.

Better IMO is a lowpass into fixed harmony type (dual/quad shift on the III). Local mono tracking will probably sound best most of the time, but if it glitches, try local poly.

Instead of just having an octave-down voice, you could add harmonics: first octave (original input note) by reducing mix, plus higher shifts like +7, +12, +16.

A pitch-based shutoff of the bass-simulator might still be desirable, to prevent low end noise from getting through during higher single-note playing.

Assigning pitch follower to pitch mix won't isolate the lowest note(s) of a chord. You might get something usable with Octave Divider type since it's more like a monophonic synth, but that can get glitchy. If octave divider on the III supports local detection, low-passing the signal around 150 Hz or lower before the pitch block might help.

Better IMO is a lowpass into fixed harmony type (dual/quad shift on the III). Local mono tracking will probably sound best most of the time, but if it glitches, try local poly.

Instead of just having an octave-down voice, you could add harmonics: first octave (original input note) by reducing mix, plus higher shifts like +7, +12, +16.

A pitch-based shutoff of the bass-simulator might still be desirable, to prevent low end noise from getting through during higher single-note playing.
Thank you. Very detailed reply. With the Axe3 we have many ways to obtain the same result. 👍

so ive got the oc3 sound nailed for clean stuff using the low pass into fixed harmony as Bakerman suggested, but i cannot figure out a way to bring in a drive block and make it sound good. anyone have ideas?

Back
Top Bottom