Boss Katana 100 Combo as on stage monitor with Axe-Fx III

Yes really! I have been experimenting and investigating FRFR stuff in the forum and with the Axe Professors. Good chap Leon Todd suggested IEMs so I have gone and done that and will experiment to see if I like that for live gigs. I have tried my Axe thru my normal rig it and its not good as it wet dry wet analogue set up. Now after watching Leon reviewing the Axe thru the Boss Katana 100 head I thought, I ought to try that so I did and OMG does it sound so much better than everything else I have and compared to my monitors and headphones is far more comparable to them. I picked up a Parametric EQ for the Katana from the forum and planted that in and its great! I have also tried with Leon's presets and compared to monitors and it is good and more guitar amp like than the monitors which is I guess what everybody wants. I did not switch anything off on the Axe, I did try bypassing the cabs but preferred with. Like everything you can dial in what you like. I attach the Katana settings. If you have a Katana give it a try you will be pleasantly surprised.

Attachments

• F6F7BDE8-B8E1-420C-9A05-4F010EECE67E.jpeg
    F6F7BDE8-B8E1-420C-9A05-4F010EECE67E.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100
  • C060B63E-6107-4178-B80D-89C03E7A5CA8.jpeg
    C060B63E-6107-4178-B80D-89C03E7A5CA8.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
  • D1A923CF-2611-4A3D-9A9C-0F407B145FC6_1_201_a.jpeg
    D1A923CF-2611-4A3D-9A9C-0F407B145FC6_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
I played a show with an AX8 in the effects loop of a Katana 100 that was mic’d to front of house. Was very happy with the sound surprisingly.

I was surprised by how well the AX8 worked into the acoustic channel of the Katana 100. I wouldn't recommend it as a serious solution....but it works for an emergency.

Hallo!
I can buy very cheap a Boss Katana 50 MKII.
The 50 Watt version have only a Poweramp in for Modeller and no Send/Return.
And would run it only at home for practice next to my Adam A7X!
Is this a good Option or i need a Version with send/return?
Hope someone can help me!
Cu Fritz

You have a pair of excellent studio monitors and you are considering using a cheap amp instead? Why not play through the Adam's? That's a MUCH better solution.

Hallo!
I have a problem with the adam A7X!The booming at a certain low frequency when palm muting.
I have also tried various things, but have so far not seen any improvement! I have also been with the support from Adam so far no feedback yet what that can be! So i would like to test if it with a other System the Same!

I would reduce the Bass in your presets through either amp controls, the cab block or add a GEQ or PEQ. Don’t be afraid to drastically cut if your pickups are boomy. The Adams should give an accurate representation. Are both monitors sounding the same?

Related to the Boss, I had the 50 which was great but sold it and picked up a used 100w. The effects loop allows existing presets to translate much better versus going in through the front of the amp on the 50 given it doesn’t have an effects loop.

Hi!
Yes, both Monitors Sounding the same!
I will test it in the next the Reduce the Bass or Low Cut in the Cab Block!
Thanks!

Hallo!
I have a problem with the adam A7X!The booming at a certain low frequency when palm muting.
I have also tried various things, but have so far not seen any improvement! I have also been with the support from Adam so far no feedback yet what that can be! So i would like to test if it with a other System the Same!

It's probably the room. It's easy to underestimate the contributions the room has on the frequency response, especially on the low-end.

Back
Top Bottom