Boss GT-8 as midi controller for axe-fx question

KenH

Inspired
Anyone using this to control their axe-fx? If so any advice on how to assign the "CTL" pedal to turn on and off an effect? Right now I have it assigned to control delay1 which works but I have to continuously hold down the "CTL" button to have the delay effect engaged on the axe. I want to be able to just toggle the delay on and off. I assume there is something in the GT-8 I need to change? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Ken, I'm using one until the fractal controller comes out. I'm experiencing the same issue. Others have, too. I'm not sure there's any way to get that CTRL button (or the switch in the foot pedal) to toggle things back and forth. They only seem to work while they're being held down.

Can you explain the settings on the axe-fx and the GT8 you are using to set this up. Ive got a GT10 and Im keen to use this until fractals controller appears. Ive no idea how to configure it though (after hooking up the midi cables! ;) )

Stewart

Sportacus, if you simply just connect it to the AXE FX with MIDI cables, it should at least change banks and patches without having to do anything else. As for using the GT-8 or GT-10 expression pedal to control different paramenter for stuff, just read the AXE FX manual (or check the online Axe-FX WIKI) and follow the intructions to learn how to assign different effect parameters to it.

My GT-8 doesn't do a whole lot with my AXE-FX, but what it does is easy to get it to do. It's getting me by until Fractal lets us buy the one that they're supposedly working on.

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I considered the Roland FC300 but I'd rather get a dedicated MFC so this could be the stop-gap that I need.

I had a similar problem with my GT-10 controlling a RJM Amp Gizmo. The problem is with the Boss unit. It appears that while you can designate the internal Ctl functions on the Gt-10 (or Gt-8 for that matter) to be latching or momentary within the pedal, the midi output is always momentary for whatever reason. The fix? Try putting a hardware latching ctl pedal in the ctl jack on the Boss. I bought the FS-5L (or you could use the dual function FS-6 set to latching) and you can toggle at least 2 effects on and off through just a midi connection and then use the internal ctl pedals for momentary stuff like tap tempo or the like.

Back
Top Bottom