Boss GT-1000CORE

Definitely would love to hear the answer to this. I used one at a friends house and it was not even close to the performance and sound of the FM3. Not to mention less footswitch control. But hey, what someone else likes is there business. I get that.
Guess the size is a biggie? No pun intended!
You can't go by using it once at your friend's house. Once you get it dialed-in correctly and put through a PA system, the GT-1000 series can get very close to (if the the same as) FM3 territory, without all of the DSP limitations. It's easier to use, too. I didn't believe it myself at first but when it finally all comes together, it's incredible.

The 3 switches is a no-go.
Nobody can ever run one song with such a configuration. And it did not has the Death Monger Seal Clubber XT500.
That's what I thought, until I tried one. The GT-1000CORE is completely gig-worthy. I couldn't believe it!

That's what I thought, until I tried one. The GT-1000CORE is completely gig-worthy. I couldn't believe it!
I know, I have the FM3. :)

That was a sarcastic comment about all those "a floorboard with 3 switches cannot work!" comments which were around at this time.
And I know that you can do amazing stuff with the GT-1000, but the factory presets really suck.

The CORE came. It's everything I expected it to be - it sounds really good. If you've got a Fractal processor then you already have better quality amps and effects but the CORE has some unique Boss effects that are very nice additions to your Fractal arsenal and several of the amp models are very usable if you want to add an amp to your signal path.

I knew it what size it was going to be but once I had it in my hand I was really impressed at how nice and compact it is while still packing in a ton of features. For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that it was the same size as the 500 series.

View attachment 73696
Try the X-Crunch amp with medium gain and the bright switch on. This is what allowed me to say "hey, I really don't need my FM3 now"!!!

Back
Top Bottom