Boss GT-1000CORE

True, I should have prefixed that with “premium” or “high-end”. Point being that they are going after the space that the HX Stomp and FM3 are in, rather than the budget modeler realm.

In the past I had some Boss multi-effects gear. When I moved to Fractal world I realized they sounded like a toy (other league).

I’m not seeing info on loading IRs. Is it only going to be able to use their proprietary (milquetoast) katana stuff?

Supposedly it has all the same software capabilities as the GT-1000 which I believe has space for 16 IRs.

Has a similar vibe to the HX stomp for sure. Looks like a similar price point. But, I think I'll continue to wait for my FM3. Might be a good starting point for someone who wanted effects & was just getting into amp modeling.

Even though I love the old school Boss pedals, I have never bonded with any of their digital offerings. The 500 series pedals just always lack a certain "organic" sound to them, IMO. Just sterile. It's the reason I love Strymon and Fractal. They just sound way more natural to me. And has anyone noticed that in the demo videos for the GT1000 Core, they keep saying that the DSP is "unlimited"? LOL!!!

Palpatine.png

Last edited:
To be honest, this excites me more than a HX stomp at nearly the same dimensions. I will give it a spin as backup unit and multi effect for my analog setup.

only 16 ir slots, no touch screen and only 3 switches, how would anyone use this?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

The 3 switches is a no-go.
Nobody can ever run one song with such a configuration. And it did not has the Death Monger Seal Clubber XT500.

I'd rather have four or five Boss pedals for that money. Their all in one digital gear is a "yeah it's fine" perpetual yawn to me.
I like the Waza Headphones idea though, that is some actual innovation that is cool and very covid timely.

I've got one here. It's fun and works well but it's not in the same league as anything Fractal. It's not meant to be either. But a few of the 2 dozen amp models it offers are OK and there are a ton of Boss-derived effects on tap. But it's no FM3, that's for sure. It's a much simpler affair.

I've got one here. It's fun and works well but it's not in the same league as anything Fractal. It's not meant to be either. But a few of the 2 dozen amp models it offers are OK and there are a ton of Boss-derived effects on tap. But it's no FM3, that's for sure. It's a much simpler affair.
Your GT vids sound great. I know its not a Fractal product but the amp models on it that I do enjoy are great sounding and feeling in their own right imo.

only 16 ir slots, no touch screen and only 3 switches, how would anyone use this?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
Hey, the GT-1000 only has 4 IR slots!

Oh wait, I see they did increase it from 4 to 16 now

Back
Top Bottom