Boss GT-1000CORE

I was just reading the GT-1000 latest update and saw this:
  • Ten input memories for saving optimized level settings for different guitars; input memories can be selected globally or stored with user patches.
Might have to move this to the wish list. You know Cliff would blow this out of the water.

The only Boss product I still have after years of gear swapping is the Boss eBand JS-10.

How can you survive without one of this? :D
Screw Boss.jpg

I still make some use of the Boss Micro BR-80 when I am far from civilization or at the sofa, and I have recently swapped the GP-10 for the SY-1000 Fu#*@K THE EDITOR!!!

Me too! It’s very practical to play along with backing tracks and sounds pretty decent for practice.

I like to spin the backing track knob and whatever it lands on is what I have to jam over.

Last edited:
Well I have been here since the beginning, as I have stated before. I came here from a GT10 Forum.

Sure , not in the same league as the Fractal stuff, BUT..............Threads like these, imho, make us sound like a bunch of stuck up rich kids....Sad really!
Jeeezzz, it's another piece of guitar gear for someone who needs something like it.

The only Boss product I still have after years of gear swapping is the Boss eBand JS-10.
I have mine also and use it quite often in my living room. Loads any wave or mp3 file or backing track-records over them and quite a bit more.
Nice tool for what it does.

And talking about lovers...
20201004_155103.jpg
Best screw ever! 😻

BTW. The GT-1000 core is selling around $700. If I had to choose a super-portable solution now, I would rather go back to the GP-10. It has the guitar modeling (nylon, acoustic, bass...), alt-tuning, exp pedal, etc. And the amp models are not bad at all. And yellow is cool.

Last edited:
I think its a bit pricey at 699.00 US and it doesn't even sound good even with IR loaded compared to my HX stomp even. Being that I am sound spoiled I take it with an open mind just sounds fizzy.

I did get a Spark amp for my FM3 it has a massive stereo sound if you spread a bit. FUN FUN FUN>>

The Gear Page? And actual discussion? Those words do not belong in the same sentence.

The gear page is an X vs Y forum by design.
This forum is vendor specific, "red meat" for the faithful.
Trying to do either in the 'other' forum is largely a waste of time.

I like that this site is clean of all that noise, b/c if I want that I know where to go.
I don't love the idea of this site becoming a "What about that modeler?" unless we are talking about cool ideas we should initiate on the Fractal platforms.

The gear page is an X vs Y forum by design.
This forum is vendor specific, "red meat" for the faithful.
Trying to do either in the 'other' forum is largely a waste of time.

I like that this site is clean of all that noise, b/c if I want that I know where to go.
I don't love the idea of this site becoming a "What about that modeler?" unless we are talking about cool ideas we should initiate on the Fractal platforms.

Of course this forum is vendor specific. And any question regarding what about non-Fractal modeler X will probably be met with FRACTAL RULEZ! Cause this place has a lot of fanboys and people who are heavily invested into their FAS gear, because they dropped a lot of money on it. That alone tends to make people fanboys. I get triggered too whenever Glenn Fricker disses on the Axe-FX.

The Gear Page on the other hand, well. it has a different kind of faithful. That is why I love to paraphrase Monty Python and say its a silly place and I don't take that place serious. And why I hold the very biased opinion of my Fractal brethren in higher regard.

Oddly enough, for a vendor specific place the people of Fractal themselves aren't the one that are biggest disciples of the Book of Fractal Modeling and very open minded to other products.

There's enough really good Boss effects in there that having them available in a compact MIDI capable device is worth it to me. My tracking info says it arrives tomorrow. I had a GT-1000 so I know what it's going to sound like and what the editing workflow will be - it's just big and cumbersome.

Honestly, I could see this as a pretty nice device to supplement the FM3 for certain scenarios.

@hippietim I would be interested in hearing your impressions...

I can tell you what I think for the most part before I get it. The amp modeling is usable but not in the same league as Fractal stuff. The cab/IR stuff has been discussed. The editing paradigm is pretty dated for a device with this many blocks/options - Boss has not rethought this for a decade or more - it's time. The effects are really cool. None stand out as being better than what I've got with my Fractal units but there's some effects in there that you can't duplicate with any other platform (such as the Tera Echo, Slicer, Overtone, etc.). The MIDI implementation is very good. The controllers are very good.

If you're in the market for a compact modeler and you want the best amp tones, buy an FM3. If you're in the market to supplement your FM3, this could be a good option.

Back
Top Bottom