Boss FV500 calibration issue

craiguitar

Power User
Hi,
I’m struggling to calibrate my two Boss FV500s
I went through the process as per the manual, but I can’t seem to get either pedal to go completely on i.e. to 100% on or off. It nearly gets there but not quite.
I noticed that the pedals now have the opposite polarity (the pot on the side of the pedal) that they had in the MFC. Can I flip the polarity in a setting somewhere? That might fix the issue.

Last edited:
Hi,
I’m struggling to calibrate my two Boss FV500s
I went through the process as per the manual, but I can’t seem to get either pedal to go completely on i.e. to 100% on or off. It neatly gets there but not quite.
I noticed that the pedals now have the opposite polarity (the pot on the side of the pedal) that they had in the MFC. Can I flip the polarity in a setting somewhere? That might fix the issue.
i've used the FV500 on the MFC and the FC. it worked the same for me.

when you calibrate, the calibration screen will not go completely to 0 or 100 - that's the point of calibration.

if you mean after calibrating, the Dot on the Graph in the Modifier screen does not reach the ends, then it isn't calibrated correctly.

are you using a TRS cable? is the dial on the side of the pedal fully counter-clockwise?

please clarify.

i've used the FV500 on the MFC and the FC. it worked the same for me.

when you calibrate, the calibration screen will not go completely to 0 or 100 - that's the point of calibration.

if you mean after calibrating, the Dot on the Graph in the Modifier screen does not reach the ends, then it isn't calibrated correctly.

are you using a TRS cable? is the dial on the side of the pedal fully counter-clockwise?

please clarify.

Yes I am using TRS cables.
The pots of the pedals are fully counter clockwise.
I have properly gone through the calibration process. Even doing this it’s clear that the slider doesn’t make it all the way to 100%.
The pedals work fine with the MFC but not so with the FC12. No matter what I do I can’t get either pedal to turn anything completely on or off. If you look at the dial being controlled in Axe-Edit, it doesn’t quite make it to the 0 or 100% mark.
So for example I use one pedal to control volume (attached to a volume block) and with the pedal completely toe down it only gets the volume to about 90%.
Like I said, I know the pedals are good, because they work perfectly with the MFC.

Last edited:
I have an FC-12 in transit and am pairing it up with an FV500H so will let you know if I get to the same issue.
Well, I think it’s fixed now. Everything works okay, not sure what happened because I didn’t change anything, it literally just started behaving itself. Bizarre.let us know if it happens to you as well....

Having received my FC-12 and plugged in a FV-500H in I am also getting this. Though I am not sure it is "calibrated" as such? How is that done?
The pot on the side of FV is in the correct position though.
Also noticed that with Axe Edit open the icon for Wah is not auto disengaging with "auto engage" set to either speed of position All this with with pedal control on FV-500 via FC-12 linked to wah control as is usual. But if I open the Modifier window it immediately disengages. Need to play around some more but if I go direct to the Axe III into Pedal 1 am getting same issues - ie its not the FC-12. Hope that's clear enough for some assistance?

Having received my FC-12 and plugged in a FV-500H in I am also getting this. Though I am not sure it is "calibrated" as such? How is that done?
The pot on the side of FV is in the correct position though.
Also noticed that with Axe Edit open the icon for Wah is not auto disengaging with "auto engage" set to either speed of position All this with with pedal control on FV-500 via FC-12 linked to wah control as is usual. But if I open the Modifier window it immediately disengages. Need to play around some more but if I go direct to the Axe III into Pedal 1 am getting same issues - ie its not the FC-12. Hope that's clear enough for some assistance?

To calibrate the pedal, go to 'Setup' > 'FC Controllers' > 'Remote' tab and then follow the calibration procedure for the correct pedal.
Beyond that, I'd check if you have the pedal set to engage/disengage in the toe up or down position.

Thanks - that fixed it.
Thing is I was only looking for calibration in Axe Edit - doh! Kind of got used to doing everything on a PC but thats likely to change now.

Like the others in this thread I have now experienced weird behaviour from my fv500h. I have used these for a long time successfully and with my own controller with no issues. I have the trim minimum set correctly, but the expression range is not complete (in sound). Calibration has been performed. Doing an octave up thing. The ball gets close to 100% on the window of axeedit, but not 100%. The sound however, is quite a bit lower than the octave I was expecting. Seems there is some issue here. Is it possible that the TRS needs to be connected differently for this particular expression pedal? I’ve had that before on a rocktron controller. My TRS are straight through.

Like the others in this thread I have now experienced weird behaviour from my fv500h. I have used these for a long time successfully and with my own controller with no issues. I have the trim minimum set correctly, but the expression range is not complete (in sound). Calibration has been performed. Doing an octave up thing. The ball gets close to 100% on the window of axeedit, but not 100%. The sound however, is quite a bit lower than the octave I was expecting. Seems there is some issue here. Is it possible that the TRS needs to be connected differently for this particular expression pedal? I’ve had that before on a rocktron controller. My TRS are straight through.

Been meaning to come back to this thread....
Initially, and prior to calibration I had this issue. But it did seem fixed once calibrated. So much so I bought another 500H and no problems there either.
BUT
what I have seen is poor connectivity from the foot switch jacks on the rear of the FC-12 - they were on occasion needing a wiggle to get the remote (DIY) foot switches working reliably. Tried a couple of different cables - one seems better than the other...
Just wondered whether you may be seeing a poor connection either intermittently and/or during calibration? Have noticed that not all 1/4" jacks are actually same size and mine were not top spec ones.

I have modified both my FV500H to remove the additional minimum setting pot. Since doing that, both mine are significantly more stable on the readings.

I have modified both my FV500H to remove the additional minimum setting pot. Since doing that, both mine are significantly more stable on the readings.
That darn little pot has messed me up more than once. I hadn't thought of just removing it. I may try that too- I assume it wasn't too hard?

Back
Top Bottom