Boss FV-500L pedal

Deathassian

Inspired
I would like Mission eng. Pedals for me but shipping costs make them not affordable.So I am looking for some reviews from you guys using that boss FV pedal with the mfc...Is it good for both expression and volume?

Last edited:
The FV-500L is excellent - well built and roadworthy. It has a triple ganged pot: 2 x 20K log tapers for low impedance stereo audio volume, and a 10K linear taper pot for expression pedal use. Only thing was that I needed to put a thick rubber stopper under each end of the pedal to eliminate dead zones with the 10K control pot (which was the only one I used).

Likewise, I have a FV500L and a FV500H, and they both function superbly with the MFC. Quick story: I recently experienced an issue with the FV500H which I figure was the treadle being slightly 'loose' in relation to the pot. I sent it to Roland for warranty repair, and within a couple of days they'd sent me a brand new replacement. Very impressed.

The 500 is excellent. I use one alongside my mission because the 500 has a looong smoooth throw.

I'm getting ready to buy an MFC-101 (as soon as you guys are back open for business next week), and I'm trying to get my expression pedal situation all sorted out. I would like to get a Mission EP-1 for Wah, but I'm on the fence about volume. I normally like to run two expression pedals for volume--one for master volume, and one for boost/cut.

Any recommendation regarding Mission vs. Boss for volume purposes? Also, which Boss pedal is the better unit for use with the MFC (or are they both the same as far as expression pedal use is concerned)?

Well, I decided to go with 2 Boss FV-500H and one Mission Engineering EP-1 with spring load option. Yeah, now how am I going to carry it all? I've been using an FCB1010, which fits just perfectly in a Fender DSP floor board bag. Now I need to find something new. Ideas on such are welcome!

Back
Top Bottom