Boss FV-500H ultimate mod

Hello everyone,
if you ever owned a Boss FV-500 you know that it has dead zones at begin and end of travel and the response is not linear because of the mechanics.
I designed this mod to solve all this issues and give new life to it. Now it's super smooth and reliable.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If you are into 3d printing or someone can print it for you, HERE (Printables) you can find the models and the instructions.

Hello everyone,
if you ever owned a Boss FV-500 you know that it has dead zones at begin and end of travel and the response is not linear because of the mechanics.
I designed this mod to solve all this issues and give new life to it. Now it's super smooth and reliable.

View attachment 105511

View attachment 105512

If you are into 3d printing or someone can print it for you, HERE (Printables) you can find the models and the instructions.
Hey there,

this is Awesome

I got the 500H and the 500L and both have this problem. Thank you for the mod... now to find a 3D printer 👍

EDIT: now that I read your MOD post, it will not be for me. But very nice MOD 👌

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
cool! however I don't really understand the issue with these that I've seen mentioned before. I have 4 FV-500Hs and use them with Axfx. The travel on them is about 5.5cm and I measure about 0.5cm dead travel at beginning and end. Is that considered a lot? I tend not to think so but maybe it is. I had not noticed any unevenness within the active travel on any of the 4 I have - Axfx modifiers scroll evenly as I progress thru the travel. Room for improvement I guess but are other expression pedals that much better? I love the big footplate on these. A lot of wah pedals I've tried (Dunlop in particular) seem to have a minuscule amount of travel for my taste.

My pedal had a very long dead travel both at beginning and end, I checked with a tester and also with my diy midi pedalboard where I can read the analog value during calibration.
Moreover, the kinematics that converts the pedal movement to potentiometer rotation is not linear because it uses a "slider" and a leverage.
The stock pedal was almost unusable for me, with this mod now is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom