Boss FV-500H expression pedal issues

Kablesp

Does anyone else use this pedal? The only way I can get it to work is through the output of the pedal and not the expression out. With the expression out, there is very little movement on the fm3 graph. In addition to this, when I do use the regular output of the pedal, roughly the first and last quarters of the sweep don't change any values. I've tried regular and trs cables too

I am currently looking at modding a wah to an expression pedal if I can't get this to work right.

Thanks,
Kevin

I have 4 of them with Axe3 - work fine with trs into MFC - as stated above make sure the side knob is all the way CCW

What AJ said is right. With that said those pedals have a decent amount of dead travel to them. When fractal launched the EV pedals
I ditched my boss pedal

What AJ said is right. With that said those pedals have a decent amount of dead travel to them. When fractal launched the EV pedals
I ditched my boss pedal
I really like the size of the Boss 500 pedals - nice and big/feels good under foot. I don't find a lot of dead travel - just measured one of mine and it's active during 75% of it's travel in the middle with 10-15% dead travel at beginning / end - is that a lot comparatively? - I thought it was normal.

I don't find a lot of dead travel - just measured one of mine and it's active during 75% of it's travel in the middle with 10-15% dead travel at beginning / end - is that a lot comparatively? - I thought it was normal.
Yea, that's a lot of dead travel. With the EV-1 and EV-2, there's just about zero dead space.

I bought a new TRS cable and it works like it should now, but I still have the same dead space of about 10-15% on the ends of the sweep. I think I may sell the boss and look in another direction.

All of the fractal offerings get high praise, but I like the wah style enclosure of the mission pedals. Has anyone converted an old wah to an expression pedal?

I really like the size of the Boss 500 pedals - nice and big/feels good under foot. I don't find a lot of dead travel - just measured one of mine and it's active during 75% of it's travel in the middle with 10-15% dead travel at beginning / end - is that a lot comparatively? - I thought it was normal.
I like them as well. The cable is hardwired to the pedal so I don’t have to get extra cabling. Plus part of me feels comfy using boss gear. They build their stuff well and are widely available in stores everywhere. Plus I don’t want to look a fractalphyle. Lol. Besides I’m pretty much a hack so having a comprehensive pro-level rig just makes me look bad…Like a poseur. If I were good, that would be different

I found one of those Dunlop Crybaby wah controllers for their rackmount unit on ebay for cheap and I plan on converting it. Pot and jack have been ordered as well. Hopefully it turns out as expected

To me that is a lot of dead space. But if it doesn’t bother you then stay with it. I too loved the size and how it felt under my feet. The EV1 is about the same size

Back
Top Bottom