BOSS ES-8

Hi, I'm new to the world of Fractal, and have recently got an FM3.I control all my stuff with an ES-8, and I'm running the FM3 into the FX return on my ENGL Special Edition. I have 2 questions: How do I set up the ES-8 to select the channels within the scenes? Also what's the best way to tackle volume differences between the FM3, in one of my amps loops, and the other loop which is my amp? Oh, and while I think about it, is there a way to go beyond the ES-8's 128 to access presets above that number? Many thanks.

Selecting channels is very similar to selecting Scenes.

First, you need to define the midi CC number you want to use for channel selection. Do that in the global Midi/Remote menu.

To select a channel, you will need to send that CC with a data value specific to the channel you want to select.

0 == A
1 == B
2 == C
3 == D

As far as levels, you're pretty much talking about external devices with knobs to control volume. I don't think the FM3 is going to help much with that.

Selecting channels is very similar to selecting Scenes.

First, you need to define the midi CC number you want to use for channel selection. Do that in the global Midi/Remote menu.

To select a channel, you will need to send that CC with a data value specific to the channel you want to select.

0 == A
1 == B
2 == C
3 == D

As far as levels, you're pretty much talking about external devices with knobs to control volume. I don't think the FM3 is going to help much with that.
Hi, I've been thinking/looking at this menu til I'm practically cross eyed, but, unlike the section that allows you to assign a CC# to scene selection, I can't for the life of me find the selection for "Channel".

Hi, I've been thinking/looking at this menu til I'm practically cross eyed, but, unlike the section that allows you to assign a CC# to scene selection, I can't for the life of me find the selection for "Channel".
Oops... Looks like I gave some slightly incorrect info - sorry, I haven't had a need to do this before.

I forgot that unlike Scenes which are global, Channels are per block instance ;)

See here:

A3289C3F-3FC3-4145-A7D1-E5E28F9A5B7F.jpeg

Oops... Looks like I gave some slightly incorrect info - sorry, I haven't had a need to do this before.

I forgot that unlike Scenes which are global, Channels are per block instance ;)

See here:

View attachment 76322

See here:

Hey, thanks a lot. I shall endeavour to persevere.

View attachment 76322

See here:

View attachment 76322

Thanks a lot. I shall give this a bash. While you're here, I'm also having an issue with the scene controllers. I've been trying to use it to set an input boost, but every time I right click on the "boost" function I just get a blank chart with no ability to select the function. Am I missing a part of the process, as all the videos I've watched just say to right click, and up pops the chart with all options. Sorry to bother you, and I'm certain it's probably something very obvious but it's driving me batty.

Thanks a lot. I shall give this a bash. While you're here, I'm also having an issue with the scene controllers. I've been trying to use it to set an input boost, but every time I right click on the "boost" function I just get a blank chart with no ability to select the function. Am I missing a part of the process, as all the videos I've watched just say to right click, and up pops the chart with all options. Sorry to bother you, and I'm certain it's probably something very obvious but it's driving me batty.
I think maybe create a new post for that in the FM3 forum... I'm an Axe Fx III guy, so not sure if that's a known issue on FM3.

Back
Top Bottom