1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

BOSS ES- 8 and Fractal Axe-Fx II

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by kondzio4, Oct 25, 2018.

1. kondzio4

kondzio4
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hello, I have a question for users of the BOSS ES-8 . I will try to explain what is going on :D I would like to use it with fractals through Midi. From what I noticed, BOSS has the ability to switch between changing presets and turning off individual effects in loops (indicated by different diode colors). The statement says that this is the memory mode and manual mode, respectively. My question is regarding the use of manual mode in the control of the fractal. Is it possible for BOSS to turn off and turn on the individual effects in the fractal in manual mode, and in the memory mode, change individual presets / scenes (I have no more doubts about this)? Thank you in advance for your answer.

2. kondzio4

kondzio4
    Expand Collapse
    New here

UP

3. Rexgtr

Rexgtr
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Following

4. kondzio4

kondzio4
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Does nobody use this controller? I wanna buy this but i need this information about manual mode and MIDI messages.

5. Geoff

Geoff
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I’m not trying to be flippant, but for this type of question you just need to dive into the MIDI pages of both manuals.

6. kondzio4

kondzio4
    Expand Collapse
    New here

The Boss ES-8 manual does not contain such information, and here it is mainly about the controller whether it has such a possibility. I am asking someone who uses or used Boss ES-8 with Fractal and can check it.

7. #7 Paperjace, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Paperjace

Paperjace
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

It looks like it does send MIDI messages, but you're going to spend a lot of time setting it up to work properly with the Axe FX, regardless if someone else on the forum has one and can tell you exactly what to do.

Unless you're using it with actual outboard pedals also, I don't think it's worth the $700. Personally, I would just use that money to get a used MFC-101 for half the price and it'll work right out of the box, exactly how you want the ES-8 to work, and then some. Plus, the MFC-101 has MIDI and phantom power over one XLR cable which is so worth it. You don't need a MIDI cable AND power adaptor like you would with the ES-8.

8. kondzio4

kondzio4
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I know that it sends messages. BOSS will be better for me because I will use my wah wah and I also want to use my stompboxes. My question was different, regarding manual mode and using it as MIDI messages to start and stop effects in the Fractal. I am asking for information from people who have BOSS

9. Satch4u3

Satch4u3
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I use a Boss ES-8 to control my III. I will test it later, but I am pretty sure that manual mode only turns the loops on and off. It would only send midi messages in memory mode.