Wish Boss CE1

CE-1 uses a weird square wave, aka 'astable'...just pick the astable LFO shape in analog mono chorus and adjust the beta shape closer to a square wave until it sounds like a CE-1, then match the pedal frequency response with the high cut knob, for a small clone its up to 13k ish, it sounds spot on, except for the small clone does its own heavy mid scoop somewhere too

The CE-1 sound you can achieve with the CE-2 model is perfect. Lower the default delay time to between 3-4 ms. Then, the only thing "missing" is the ability to separate the signal into wet on the left and dry on the right. To do that, run the chorus in parallel to a volume block.

I noticed today that there's a default preset called CE-1 Chorus/Vibe if anyone wants to play with that. I've been using Leon's block converted with fractool for some rush tones and I think it sounds really good.

I think that's the Dimension model.
According to some research I just did:

https://www.tonehome.de/boss/ce-1-chorus-ens/

The CE-1 is based off the JC-120 circuit.

The CE-2 is the exact same circuit as the JC-120 but is mono.

The DC-2 Dimension is stereo but based off of a Roland rack mount effect Roland SDD-320 Dimension D.

Its name refers to a 3D effect by adding thickness, depth and a width to the signal; stereo outputs give an even wider sense of 3D effect.

The Dimension looks cool as well! Just wondering if it approaches that notable chorus stereo effect the JC-120 amp produced and is known for.

The CE-1 sound you can achieve with the CE-2 model is perfect. Lower the default delay time to between 3-4 ms. Then, the only thing "missing" is the ability to separate the signal into wet on the left and dry on the right. To do that, run the chorus in parallel to a volume block.
But is the delay time in the real CE1 a fixed value or it moves around like the recreation that a user made ago using the Flanger block and adding a LFO To the 3-5 ms delay time?

Also why exactly would one need that volume block?

Last edited:
CE-1 uses a weird square wave, aka 'astable'...just pick the astable LFO shape in analog mono chorus and adjust the beta shape closer to a square wave until it sounds like a CE-1, then match the pedal frequency response with the high cut knob, for a small clone its up to 13k ish, it sounds spot on, except for the small clone does its own heavy mid scoop somewhere too
I always read that it used a triangle waveform... maybe this astable waveform will get thing closer in people trying things out and coming up with variations until Fractal does a specific model for the CE-1.

Back
Top Bottom